Which Codec pack is the best?

Lightbringer-

It'd be meaningful to ask if something is best only if you say for what purpose. I don't quite comprehend why you guys would want something that will play/decode all the formats in the universe. Do you really watch videos encoded with all the available formats?

Why not just pick the codec for your particular purpose?

FFDShow - though it is technically a "direct show filter pack" and not a codec pack :)

and i also use MPlayer frontend MPUI.

You're half right.
ffdshow is a DirectShow and VFW codec for decoding/encoding many video and audio formats, including DivX and XviD movies using libavcodec, xvid and other opensourced libraries with a rich set of postprocessing filters.

Most people will of course us it for decoding purposes, but you can also encode stuff via VFW with VirtualDub for instance.

FFDShow - though it is technically a "direct show filter pack" and not a codec pack :)

and i also use MPlayer frontend MPUI.

Well all my codecs (including ffdshow) are DirectShow filters so I don't see any disadvantage there... besides, DirectShow is flexible and you can encode/decode things easily via GraphEdit. (Yes, DirectShow can be used for encoding as well.) Edited by LLXX