Office 2003 Won't unattend install

Alphaz

Hi,

I done that several times in the past and I am running out of ideas on how to solve this problem with the unattended setup of office 2003.

I have slipstreamed all the updates, but at first logon the setup stops. My setup file is not as shown in the unattended section, it's named SETUPPRO.EXE instead of setup.exe

Any idea ?

Thanks ion advance

Hello Alphaz,

Did you download the Office 2003 Resource Kit? If not, you may want to download it here and read the webpage on advanced setup. Office 2003 Advanced Installation

I hope that works. It worked for me, and I was even able to specify what directory I wanted it installed and what directory I wanted the icons installed in, on the startup menu. Now I have to figure out how to get the other programs to work. lol Good luck.

Is there a Office already installed on this computer?

No, this is for a new setup, wether I test on a virtual machine or on a "blank" pc, the same thing happens : the first setup screen appears briefly and goes away then nothing happens and the prog does not get installed.

I have made the unattend file using office ressource kit

Regards

you are pointing to the setup file aswell as the transform file..??

here is mine.. I install from a network so paths will need changing but mine works.

"\\Server\Software\Office\Office 2003\CD1\setup.exe" TRANSFORMS="\\Server\Software\Office\Office 2003\CD1\laptop Custom Setup File.MST" /qb-

Edited by chiners_68

• 3 weeks later...