removing wireless network connection from the taskbar

SubD

i have been trying to remove the wireless network connection icon from the taskbar

right clicking properties on wireless network connection and under general tab removing tick from show icon

right clicking taskbar properties hide inactive icons

still shows up does anyone know how to get rid of the icon,

i have been trying to remove the wireless network connection icon from the taskbar

right clicking properties on wireless network connection and under general tab removing tick from show icon

right clicking taskbar properties hide inactive icons

still shows up does anyone know how to get rid of the icon,

If you're not using it, disable it..

I cant disable the wireless connection im using it im not using the windows configure for wireless, im using the intel connection i have the intel icon, im not using the windows thats why i want to get rid of the icon

There is an option to hide it in your network setup.

One moment and I'll find it for you. :P

Okay got it. Just go to your Network Connections via Control Panel and right click your Wireless Connection. Go to Properties and under the General tab there is a "Show icon in notification area when connected" and "Notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity".

Make sure both are unchecked, then click OK. They should be gone. I can further verify later today on my wireless desktop across the room after work. :P

after trying what everyone has said, i figured out that when you select properties of the wireless network and, remove check marks from show icon in notification area when connected, only removes the icon when your connected, when you disconnect it reappears