N-Lite Login problem

bigred

I've searched for an answer to this problem, and am an N-Lite noob, but here's hoping I'm not asking a dumb question...

I had an existing Unattended setup, using svcpack.inf to install hotfixes, drivers from the winnt.sif file, and RunOnceEx to install my apps. I've used this for my business for some time, but felt I now needed to update it (hotfixes, drivers, apps, etc.)

I brought my old install structure over to a new clean install, testing it first. Updated apps and everything else worked perfectly (with no drivers or hotfixes added yet).

So I started up N-Lite to add the hotfixes, but it has created a problem with my install....somehow an incorrect username and password is being added, which stops my installation because it tries to auto-login with this incorrect username and password.

I have checked and doublechecked all of my files, even rebuilding my install to check...and it is definitely N-Lite adding the hotfixes that is causing the log-in problem.

As i said at the beginning, I'm no expert at this, just a guy who is always game to learn, and is willing to put the time in. I'm hoping someone can help me with this. Give me some things to try, etc. I would appreciate the help. :)

Edited by bigred

Isn't this information in winnt.sif? Well at least part of it is.

Here is a tweak from a version of Windows that had a bunch of stuff added to it:

useraccounts.cmd

net user AccountName /add
net localgroup Administrators AccountName /add
net accounts /maxpwage:unlimited
REGEDIT /S autologon.reg
EXIT

autologon.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"DefaultUserName"="AccountName"
"DefaultPassword"=""
"AutoAdminLogon"="1"

Just alter the 3 AccountName parts and add a pass if you want. Mine has these in a $OEM$ folder, I don't know if putting this line into cmdlines.txt will run it ("useraccounts.cmd"), but if not I guess you could add it to the RunOnce part of nLite or something.

I've redone the whole thing just to make sure I wasn't making a mistake, and the same thing is happening. The info you mentioned above is part of my install, and is still correct. I've used the name "TestOwner" for my testing, and I have the correct name and password mentioned in the users.cmd file, and in my registry tweaks file.

I've taken a clean install, added my $OEM$ folders, my winnt.sif file, and even integrated the driver packs, and the whole install runs fine. But as soon as I use nLite to intergrate the hotfixes, my install gets stuck. A username of "Owner" is added with a different password, and so my install gets stuck at the autologin part.

Obviously nLite is adding it somehow, somewhere. Problem is I don't really know where. So if anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. I'd really rather not integrate all of these hotfixes manually, one at a time :S .

Thanks