FOLLOW UP: Media Center Edition Themed Logonui.

zedox

:blushing:

I feel a little embarresed, as I wasnt given the chance to defend myself in the other topic.

Well here is the reply to all the alegations put against me by Seven Alive...

You stole my login screen.
I did not steel Seven Alives' login screen.

I edited the default windows logonui to create mine, but used two of his images.

You cracked it open with a res editor changed the background rounded the box, added the selected login background and called it your own.

I did NOT crack it open, besides I don't even know how to do this.

My logon screen is an edited default windows logonui.exe file.

You did not have my permission at all. You stole my images and my design.
Seven Alive is correct here, I did not ask for permission... I used two images from his logonui, the top and bottom bar, of which I got using Print screen... NOT CRACKING. I apologise for this, and I will make my own bars and re-release the logon.
You also are using my name, I own the name Enery Logons, Enery blue, energy green and energy silver.

I didn't realise this name was personal to Seven Alive. I thought it was just another name for the Media Center Theme. So again, apologies for this.

You also are using my script! The only thing that you did was change the background and round off the password box.
This is a complete lie, like I said previously I edited the default windows logonui.
Its a complete rip, he just added 1 image, rounded the password box and changed the background.

Seven Alive should have spoken to me first before flaming me to this extent on a public forum. Alot more effort was put in to this than just "rounding the password box off".

And you also have the f**king nerve to try and protect it with a pe compressor.

I actually asked XPero how to do this. As it makes the file smaller and easier to download.

Not sure how this is having the "f**king nerve" and by Seven Alive saying "try and protect it" i'm guessing this means he has cracked my logonui open, exactly what he has accused me of doing with his.

The reason I created this logon is because I really like the Media Center Edition Theme, and I didn't think the current one included in XPize complemented it as much as it could have.

The only two things in this logon that Seven Alive can claim are his is the top and bottom bars, I didn't think it would be a problem. But I should have asked.

EDIT: There is nothing within my logon that he can claim as his, as it is now established that all resources Seven Alive used in his Energy Blue logon were taken from the Royale Theme.

It is similar to Seven Alives, they are both based on the Media Center Edition theme.

I will re-release a newer version that will have the top and bottom bars created using screen shots from the royale start menu, rather than the Energy Blue logon created by Seven Alive

The new version will not be released until I find a way to fix the black box problem with the logon.

Edited by antonio_king

I've been tralling the Royale theme to find some decent shading that could be used as the new top and bottom bars in the new Media Center Themed Logonui.

I noticed the start menu top and bottom sections share a starkling resemblence with Seven Alives Energy Blue logonui...

logonyu9.jpg screenshotdesktophi5.png

So I guess if I just use the images from the screenshot taken off the start menu then the logonui won't be pirated or copied or whatever Seven Alive wants to call it, as It's not his material - as he is stating - in the first place. :w00t:

I would like to see what the community think about using these images... so any feedback now would be appreciated.

Cheers. :thumbup

Edited by antonio_king

Ok, the next version is nearly ready for release...

Those of you who have been following this logonui will be pleased to know the black box problem has now been resolved... by myself might I add!

Woo!

Watch this space, the logonui is is ready to be re-released but waiting for comformation from XPero first.

Edited by antonio_king

iv been watching for this topic for sometime now, really glad its all sorted out.

i saw some of the other stuff seven alive has done, not my taste.

i gotta agree with bledd on this one lol, all this over a logon. its funny how things can happen. the guy wasnt even charging for his anyway :blink: but i do respect that he has the right to govern his work... even if its not mostly his...(MS made the royale theme (i think) and you don't see them complaining)

anyway, glad to see its all sorted out. looking forward to downloading and trying it :)

it looks like its off to bed for me :P

Morning everyone,

I should add: This isn't resolved...

We are still waiting for a reply from Seven Alive.

Not that he's got much to reply to really!

I'm also waiting for the go ahead from XPero to release the logonui for download publically on his forum.

Just to clarify first. The only images i used of the royale theme, is the top, bottom, and flag. Thats it, everything else i made from stratch, everything i edited.

You say you only used the top and bottom? What about the green arrow, help, shutdown, the docking, etc buttons?

They are not from royale. I made them also.

Seven Alive I know your p***ed off but the truth of the matter is this is not copyrighted work !. If someone should be complaining it should be Microsoft , but since they are not (and they no this pack is around because Employees are using it :blushing:) My point is this please don't blow this out of the water the real fact is your p***ed off that Xpero would rather use this Login then yours. I must say Thank you for helping make the logins but the other one that we are all waiting for just looks smoother. Please don't take it personally, If this was a business and your boss picked something someone else made instead of what they were using which was made by yourself would you act the same ? or would you suck it up and just be glad this pack is "improving" and that you had a chance to be apart of it's success. Be proud not jealous. If I have offended you I am deeply sorry but someone had to brining it up. If I were your boss and you acted like this I'd be disappointed and question you continuing on with the company.

-Romeo

Just to clarify first. The only images i used of the royale theme, is the top, bottom, and flag. Thats it, everything else i made from stratch, everything i edited.

Exactly what I have done except initially I took the top and bottom images from your logon using print screen, but now I know its on the start menu I've taken it from there...

You say you only used the top and bottom?

Yep, only two parts I took were the top and bottom, which we have now established weren't designed by yourself so you bare no rights over them.

What about the green arrow, help, shutdown, the docking, etc buttons?

They are not from royale. I made them also.

TBH you wasted time making them as they are available on the Media Center disc...

Check Disc 2 of Media Center Edition...

Within the folder CMPNENTS there is a CABINET File called MEDIACTR.CAB, Extract the contents of this cab and locate a file called ROYALE.MST, open this with Resource Hacker and under Bitmap there are two resources called ROYALE_STARTPANELLOGOFFBUTTONSHOT_BMP and another called ROYALE_STARTPANELLOGOFFBUTTONS_BMP... This is were I got the button images from!

I think Romey has a point, you should be proud at the input you had in XPize, and be pleased that someone else maybe having the chance to share their work!

:thumbup

Edited by antonio_king

ok!

Someone has to say it!

I guess the form is as important as the content so I have made this poem:

Twinkle, twinkle rising star

Steven login finest nectar

How I wonder how great you are

in your work we see great mark

So much pride you must now have

for your login to inspire so many users

Just remember credit does not tar

but will promote your finest art

I hope these few words will bring peace in this fued and that you both find common grounds and let us share and spread your work.

Your login was taken by Starduck who did not bother to give you any credit so I hope you will have in your heart to forgive our colleague for his work too and that will enver replace yours.

Let's share our common knowledge and paqssion for computers.

Thank you and for both of you good luck with your work