using windows update

@ Terminator 3 - many thanx in advance i do apreciate (spelling) the hard work that goes into this, and this site in general.

@ demlak - final soloution as u put it in this case is help? as ive allready looked/read and tried to do what is in this thread, and its not all about doing something for something, u dont give presents at christmas and expect to recieve them?? (well i dont) I will and have helped out where i can, even if its only giving feedback about raid drivers etc at least im trying to help where i can which imo is the main thing, i shouldnt be critisized or what ever just caus i didnt or dont understand something.

Thats all i goto say on the subject and wont be replying to anything else u say regarding this matter so as not to continue a few posts of tit for tat.

Thanks Terminator3: If i had the time to write a how to, i would, How to's are not final solutions, there will allways be something different that some one needs and then it gets added to and shared, but i dont believe in cut and pasters.......

Yer i dont like paste and cuters its not fair on the other person taking their hard work

Anyway back to topic: The guide is here at WinZone not finshed yet but almost done.

If theirs anything i have see then plz let me no. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello Guys long time since i posted in the forum.... :)

Just wanted to know if anyone is still using this method as i never did finsh that gudie of mind......reason being now i have my own web server which is connected all the time which i could put the guide on.

Hello Guys long time since i posted in the forum.... :)

Just wanted to know if anyone is still using this method as i never did finsh that gudie of mind......reason being now i have my own web server which is connected all the time which i could put the guide on.

Do you have a fresh link to your guide?

I believe this is just the RunOnceEX method correct? Windows Update = RunOnceEX? Or is it using the RunOnce\Setup Key? If it's RunOnceEX, there is a guide to it on the unattended website, as well as running stuff from the CD using it. It uses batch files, but it does get aroudn teh annoying variable problem.

@MAVERICKS CHOICE; yes i do it is Winzone

Username:MSFN Password:password but it is still a blank page

@Alanoll; this method users the RunOnce key in the registry by using a bacth file @ the T-13 mark of setup which then upon next restart end of setup causes windows to display the Windows Update box installing your programs and hotfixes.

oh, it gets confusing sometimes, especially with all the different names.

Some call it Windows Update method (like in this thread) others RunOnceEX, others just plain RunOnce (there are quite a few different RunOnce methods) and then those who just followed what they saw without knowing what it was.

As a side note, I beleive Aaron based the guide from one of your posts awhile back. After this one was created, you made a seperate thread.

Ah yes, here it is....

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=9753

The difference being yours uses REG files, where as Aaron's uses the REG.EXE command in a batch file so that variables can be used without problems and variables for CDroms can be declared and also used.

It's good to have you back nonthe less. It's been a long time.

oooh yes.....

XPlode was created. Nice little program to replace RunOnceEX and Command prompt.....uses XML files, and you can customize the display with graphics and what not.

XPCreate has gone basic, no more GreenMenu, and I think works a bit better.

Multiboot guides

Seperate Driver forums.

RAID/ATA driver slipstreaming

A newly esigned Unattended Site.

Alot has changed, but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised that alot of the old people still stop in once in awhile.