using windows update

Do you think that you could possibly give us all a little rundown of how this works?

I noticed that the registry keys are incrimented at a value of 10 per key. Any perticular reason for this?

They do not have to be 10 per key i ran a setup with them as one per key and worked ok to me.

Importing registr keys is not working for me, (like apps reg info, registry twaks, etc.), this is how i'm trying to do it

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\zz370]
"1"="regedit.exe /s C:\\Install\\RegTweak.reg"
@="Applying Registry Tweaks"

what am I doing wrong?

Has anyone got InstallShield apps to work within this method? also, I can't get MS Office to install, here's part of the code i'm using:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\zz350]
"1"="C:\\Install\\Applications\\dvdregkill\\Setup.exe -s -f1"c:\\install\\Applications\\dvdregkill\\setup.iss"
@="DVD Region killer"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\zz360]
"1"="C:\\Install\\Applications\\NVDVD\\Setup.exe -s -f1"c:\\install\\Applications\\NVDVD\\setup.iss"
@="nvDVD 2.55"
"1"="C:\\Install\\Applications\\OfficeXP\\instapls.exe TRANSFORMS=c:\xpcd\$OEM$\$1\INSTALL\Applications\OfficeXP\Unattended.MST /qb-"
@="Microsoft Office XP Professional con Frontpage"

Has anyone got InstallShield apps to work within this method? also, I can't get MS Office to install, here's part of the code i'm using:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\zz350]
"1"="C:\\Install\\Applications\\dvdregkill\\Setup.exe -s -f1"c:\\install\\Applications\\dvdregkill\\setup.iss"
@="DVD Region killer"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\zz360]
"1"="C:\\Install\\Applications\\NVDVD\\Setup.exe -s -f1"c:\\install\\Applications\\NVDVD\\setup.iss"
@="nvDVD 2.55"
"1"="C:\\Install\\Applications\\OfficeXP\\instapls.exe TRANSFORMS=c:\xpcd\$OEM$\$1\INSTALL\Applications\OfficeXP\Unattended.MST /qb-"
@="Microsoft Office XP Professional con Frontpage"

yep but i made a batch file and told to run that and then that runs the InstallShield for me but i am working on it.

Do you know if %systemdrive% will work, instead of having to write the physical drive path?

you can use "||" instead of "%systemdrive%" or "C:"..

a little look at the windows help will help sometimes =)

problem is to import reg files on using this method.. not many programs like the || as a variable.. regedit don´t like it..

see my two ng postings of august:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=de&lr=&...DGoogle%2BSuche (german)

and

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=de&lr=&...DGoogle%2BSuche (english)

no, if you are to lazy, it´s your problem.. all info which is needed, is in this thread.. i don´t understand, why so many people don´t want to "work" for there solutions.. they want "final products"

if YOU want a "How To", why don´t YOU write it?

ok firstly i have read the posts in this thread, sceondly from what ur saying no one is aloud to not understand what has been posted or there automatically lazy or havent looked, well ive got news for u, its not as cut n dried as that and other peeps in this thread have also asked for a tutorial of some sort. Ive worked plenty to get my auto install working with very few questions and left feedback and help for certain things where i can, your ignorance to help others is ur downfall, ur post imo was a wasted one and very unhelpfull and i hope an admin or mod sees this and takes note of ur aptitude towards helping others. Its a shame peeps like u spoil it for every one else!

also if i knew how to do a how to for this then i wouldnt be asking for one, so that was a little pointless as well, unless of course u was indirectly asking for someone to do a how to cause u dont know either.

And i thought this forum was for getting help when u dont know something??

getting help means getting answers for questions, not getting final solutions...

i hate it, when a few people worked on collecting information from the WORLD WIDE web to just ONE THREAD, and people like you asking for a final solution without doing anything for it..

better said: you want the hard work of others as a gift, without doing anything for it

i know.. my english is bad and i hope i was able to show what i mean.

ok firstly i have read the posts in this thread, sceondly from what ur saying no one is aloud to not understand what has been posted or there automatically lazy or havent looked, well ive got news for u, its not as cut n dried as that and other peeps in this thread have also asked for a tutorial of some sort. Ive worked plenty to get my auto install working with very few questions and left feedback and help for certain things where i can, your ignorance to help others is ur downfall, ur post imo was a wasted one and very unhelpfull and i hope an admin or mod sees this and takes note of ur aptitude towards helping others. Its a shame peeps like u spoil it for every one else!

also if i knew how to do a how to for this then i wouldnt be asking for one, so that was a little pointless as well, unless of course u was indirectly asking for someone to do a how to cause u dont know either.

And i thought this forum was for getting help when u dont know something??

i am making a guide for it, it will be donr late tonight