wpi.hta error

I have not had this problem with other versions of wpi, but now when I to run wpi for whatever reason I get an IE Script Error on line 100 char 2, saying invalid syntax and Code 0. I am not sure what this is or why it is doing this but it is pretty hard to have an unattended install when this error comes up and wpi wont load. I have tried the fixed wpi.hta file and even downloaded the entire wpi 5.4 zip and ran the wpi.hta in it without editting anything at all and I still get that error. Thanx for any help.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep I turns out that the LE4Mod addon I was using was causing the OCgen INF registration to abort and this in turn stopped some Internet Explorer files not to be registered and THAT was causing the error to appear. . . Mabey an addon thats causing the troubles on other peoples computers with the above error!!

Hmmmm got late quick. . . better go to sleep now :unsure:

• 1 year later...

Dang it, it's happening to me now too, using v6.2. This is line 101 though. I click OK to continue, and WPI completes as it should just fine. Once the system is installed, running wpi.hta produces the same error.

I have several themes etc integrated via nLite, so possibly one of these is causing the problem. How did you determie that the OCgen INF registration was aborting ? Basically I'm looking for pointers to debug the situation here ...

Thanks -

D -

i also do get the error code 101 now something about not contacting the remote server or something, ill format within 30mins and paste a screenshot if can use print screen.

Here it is when i press yes it continue as normal but still its irritable :/

wpi-error-101.jpg

Ken it does have something to do with

if (!FileExists(optionsFile)) //No argument or invalid file

{

try //have a look in the registry

{

optionsFile=WshShell.RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareWPIOptionsFile");

}

catch(ex) //nothing up there

{ ; }

if (!FileExists(optionsFile)) //No reg key or invalid file

optionsFile = optionsDefault ; //... so let's take the default location

right?

Does the coders care anyways?, i do not have any broken addons i use nlite, dx9-redxii 02,notepad2-code,-cabplus-xabel all the newests...

Edited by puntoMX

Do you have nero 7 installed or have you removed IE?

These errors are always found out to be system related..

I keep IE 7.0 i dont use nero, but might have removed a service its dependant on? its weird i only get this error first time after installed winxp sp2 i start up, afterwards i can start it up without any sign of warnings.

Edited by wazer

I do not have last session from my nlite, but i have a saved session from nlite i use everytime i remove stuff from xp.

last session/saved remove work VIEW/DOWNLOAD.

Other than that i use wmp11 by booogie newest wmp+updates slipstreamed.

i apply the sfc patch the ux theme patch and tcp inc/out patch with the highest rate of 16777215

RVMUpdatePack2.1.11.7z // Newest Ryan work for xp

RUPUpdates-2.1.11.13-Addon.7z // Followup for ryans pack

OnePiece_IE7AddOn_1.8.2_ENU.7z // IE7 w/updates

DirectX_9.0c_End-User_Runtime_November_2007_AddOn_0.2_-_redxii.7z // DX9

Notepad2-2.0.18.3-Addon.7z // NOTEPAD

Xable_CalcPlus_v1.3_addon.cab // Advanced Calculater

Thats it.

Edited by wazer