vid card?

nobodyveryspecial

im just browsing for a nice dx9 comp card that of course is a nvidia card (not that i have a grudge against ATi).

its a tough choice considering im pretty broke..... 5200 or 5600, non ultras are sorta out of the question for 2 reasons:

pricey and flipchip confusion :)

now im looking to getting a msi 5600 vtdr-128 as recommended by toms, but that will set me back $AU300.

so i started looking for a cheaper alternative... albatron have a nice 5600CP at about $AU225 (pretty decent - cheapest 5600 ive seen), or i could get their 5600P turbo for the $AU300.

so if i was looking in to buying a albatron... what do u recommend?

or should i stick with the feature packed msi?... dont forget, im broke :rolleyes:

ati fanboys stay out of this one

Did you guys not read that??

:)

Anywho, i would definitly reccomend the MSI 5600 128 its a great card, but for 30 bucks more you can get the 256mb version which has a more elaborate cooling system.

Regardless of the additional software, MSI puts out a very well built and solid card, I highly reccomend them to avid gamers

|Drew|

:rolleyes:

Anywho, i would definitly reccomend the MSI 5600 128 its a great card, but for 30 bucks more you can get the 256mb version which has a more elaborate cooling system.

Regardless of the additional software, MSI puts out a very well built and solid card, I highly reccomend them to avid gamers

|Drew|

Missed that one...I never read those headers anyway :) . I'm not really an ATI fanboy, but it's what I suggest.

As far as the Geforce FX goes, I agree with the MSI being the best. I have an MSI GF4 Ti4200 in my computer right now. They have a tendency to stray away from stock equipment, which is usually a good thing when you get better cooling on your card.

:)

|Drew|

bawwrrrr, im blind...

Have to remember that'd be pretty stupid to make a game that wouldnt support a nvidia card, since my good ole *sniff sniff* 3dfx is gone there's only like 2 big companies (correct me if I'm wrong). So tell me now how they can just shut out one for the other? that'd be like telling them they dont wanna make near as much profit. So basically, Half Life 2 needs some work on their cards, the game isnt released or anything so what do you expect? its gonna be s***ty with some cards and better with the ones they have the SDK's on. Once again correct me if I'm wrong its 8am so I'm not totally awake :)