nLite 1.2 Beta - Return of the warrior

nuhi

Jeremy, simplest way to solve RVM pack language leftovers is just to extract intl.inf from it (check if yours is home or pro subfolder in the 7z) into the i386 and overwrite, before loading into nlite of course.

When I extract should I leave the intl.inf in the 7z file or remove it?

Maybe the easiest method would be like Ryan and Bledd have said already- which is just to do integrate before and run again. But would their be any problem doing it while integrating other things like SP2, etc. ? That way I can make sure nothing else is adding anything sneakyly.

this is what i do

open nlite

select service pack

hotfixes

options

slip sp2

choose ryanvm pack, powercalc and tweakui, select advanced, and tick all options

go to patches screen in options, disable sfc (so cat files are removed -touch nothing else for now)

do nite process..

close nlite

open nlite, remove, add drivers, unattended, options, tweaks and iso

:thumbup

hi winmodders.

with the 1.2 Beta hi have problem with the tweak option, specially in the graphic tweaks, is normal?

theSLug

EDIT:

same "configuration" with 1.1, problem with indegrated driver, in the text installation, setup don't copy a file, various test, same file error, not present with the 1.2b.

excuseme for my poor english

Edited by theSLug

to pppx00: I have no idea why it's not there (nuhi did it :D ). Meantime you can apply these tweaks by adding the commands to the RunOnce page (xp & 2003):

; ----- hide Help and Support from the Start Page: -----
reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /v "Start_ShowHelp" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
; ----- policy tweak to disable Help in Start Menu (also in Start Page): -----
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "NoSMHelp" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
; ----- remove Shared Docs from My Computer -----
reg delete
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\DelegateFolders\{59031a47-3f72-44a7-89c5-5595fe6b30ee}" /f

to pppx00 & theSLug: I think that due to method chages, how the nLite adds tweaks to installation files, some tweaks which were malfunctional now work (small icons in the Explorer bar) and some which previously worked are not working now :wacko: (Shared Docs icons removal). I hope it could be fixed...

to all: OK people, if you have problems with tweaks, just post your complains (and which ones don't work) to make it easier to find and fix that (it will be up to nuhi then of course :whistle::D ).

Hi, I've just recently discovered nLite and think it's a fantastic program, so cheers nuhi!

But I thought I'd mention the bug I found (v1.2b). Nothing major, just odd...

I start with a windows 2000 sp1 disc (I don't have a clean one) and for some reason nLite always crashed at the end of slipstreaming sp4 into the unmodified disc. Doing it a second time works fine though (as in, slipstreaming sp4 into the win2k sp4 disc files). The odd thing though is that when I deleted the update rollup 1 installer (which was the only other file in the same directory as the sp4 installer) this bug went away... Like I say, just odd.

But that brings me to my next point.. There is no way I can find of integrating the update rollup 1 for sp4 (v2. I can't find a copy of v1 to try) as it causes the windows 2000 installer to complain about the following line in hivesft.inf being corrupted:

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{8516B778-1FA1-4132-B120-D34CE2C05BB9}\Control","",0x00000000,

I assume it needs some kind of text string on the end after that last comma, but I can't work out what. "" doesn't work and neither does "0". Both cause the setup to complain about an internal error or something like that but they do stop it complaining about the corrupted line.

So yeah... mostly just letting you know, either so someone who knows more about these things than me can work out a workaround or just so a warning can be given to people.

Once I'd sorted that out though, everything has worked perfectly :thumbup . Thanks again

this is what i do

open nlite

select service pack

hotfixes

options

slip sp2

choose ryanvm pack, powercalc and tweakui, select advanced, and tick all options

go to patches screen in options, disable sfc (so cat files are removed -touch nothing else for now)

do nite process..

close nlite

open nlite, remove, add drivers, unattended, options, tweaks and iso

:thumbup

You answered another question of mine about the sfc. Okay now, actually you mentioned some of the exact things I add....namely powercalc. Should I remove the normal windows calc and then go back and add power calc in a seperate run? I always get a replace message when I thought the orginal was already removed-ofcourse this may be related to the sfc. I think it would be nice in future versions if you could chooose when things were added. I still think nlite is one of the best piece of software written. Also does it matter in what order you add things? I always try to do major updates first- like net 2.0 and ryanvm pack.

edit- When I add net 2.0 from here www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t75109.html (maybe this is not the newest one) along with the other addons and then run nLite again and select from component-operating system options-remove .net framework, am I removing the old .net or the new .net 2.0 that I just added? It appears that the .net in the DONETFX folder remains the same but the cab file in the cmpnents/netfx has as different creation time which leads me to ask this question. So basically I am wondering if I am just removing what I have already integrated.

Edited by PrinceJason

i use $OEM$ folders to install my apps

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/18/

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/31/

Runonceex is how you tell it to install things..

edit the cmdlines.txt file that nlite creates in the oem folder, well, add the gui runonce part

have a good read over that, it makes sense

the files i put in my runonce are here..

http://www.ryanvm.net/msfn/

you can call the .net2 from that by just using the filename

if you need more explanation, post in the unattended section :)

under 'services' everything is default, how will we know if something will be enabled in after the installation or not?

2)I would like to ask, this version has more or less options to configure regarding the previous versions? it should have more, but somehow it gives me the sense it has less

to colore:

1) We won't. :lol: The one of the main reasons why services have default state option is that they will be truly set to default by Windows during installation. The problem is that some services' states are unpredictable, it means Windows sometimes set them to manual and sometimes to automatic (for example Indexing service in Windows 2000), depending on odd circumstances. :blink: But it cannot be found out before installation, so nLite from time to time set non-default state (before 1.2b), even if user didn't touch it. In 1.0.1 and older, if services list was enabled, the whole list of services was applied. Now in 1.2, users have a choice to change only service states, what they exactly want. :w00t:

2) I also noticed that some options are no longer available, but didn't ask nuhi yet. I hope it had a good reason. :huh: