nLite 1.2 Beta - Return of the warrior

nuhi

I used the new nlite in combo with hfslip and the results are amazing. It couldnt find dosnet.inf and sfc.dll and then wouldnt save the image file. It would start the iso creation and I could see the iso but then would delete it :o

what was the purpose??./.....dont use both :yes:

I used the new nlite in combo with hfslip and the results are amazing. It couldnt find dosnet.inf and sfc.dll and then wouldnt save the image file. It would start the iso creation and I could see the iso but then would delete it :o

this was found on first page of this thread, and nuhi released quickly :)

download again and should solve it..

ryanvm users, the languages thing has been apparent for quite a while now, just do one run with only ryanvm pack (and options to tick disable sfc for cat removal if you do that), then close nlite after its done and run it again :whistle: , works perfectly

Dirt, don't run HFSLIP with HFCLEANUP or FDV's fileset with HFSLIP and you'll be OK.

Edited by tommyp

Hello. Just joined and have been reading through the forum but can't seem to find any answers I need. Here's my situation:

I have downloaded and tested both v. 1.0.1 and 1.2. I got a test iso installed made with 1.0.1 ( on vmware) with RVMupdatepack 1.7 and all latest drivers downloaded from VIA's site (have a MKII 12000). I included XP SP2 and microwinx 2.5 pack and last session file as well and got it to boot no problem.

I was excited to play with nlite 1.2 and ran a fresh setup with the same drivers and stuff listed above. Only, now, after installing it boots to a login screen. When i pun in the password and login. It immediately flashes a "saving settings" message and goes right back to the login prompt. I've been running fresh setups over and over and do not know what mistake I could be making. I'm leaving pretty much all the default settings as loaded by the microwinx file except for removing all drivers but vga filters and am running out of hair to pull out.

I'm just a noob and have probably been making some little noobstake but any help or insight would be much appreciated.

I'm so excited about Nlite that I'd hate to think it just wouldn't meet my needs. (car pc)

thanks much and Nuhi is my new hero (right after James Dean). :)

oopers, you are correct. It is the 2.1.2 updates. I'm just a few zzzs short lately.

I will try with the microwinx exclusion. Would you recommend excluding the VIA drivers to start off as well?

thanks for such a quick response too. This place is on the ball.

cheers

Edited by JohnnytheKid

Hello!

I search for "windows script host", "script host" and "script" and no have found similarity with my problem.

I use an modified version of VMWareTools.VBS from RogueSpear with Windows 2000 and XP.

At nLite 1.0.1 it work perfectly, but at nLite 1.2b this error is displayed and nothig addon is installed.

The problem has nothing to do with nLite. The problem is that you're running the script from svcpack or cmdlines and I specifically state that it should be run from RunOnceEx. The script relies on WMI which is unavailable from svcpack or cmdlines without the use of hacks.

The problem has nothing to do with nLite. The problem is that you're running the script from svcpack or cmdlines and I specifically state that it should be run from RunOnceEx. The script relies on WMI which is unavailable from svcpack or cmdlines without the use of hacks.
Thanks for your help RogueSpear, the problem is my fault. :blushing:

It´s run normal at T-12 under Windows 2000, called from cmdlines.txt, but no under Windows XP.

I add VMWareTools.vbs in tab RunOnEX and all is ok. :thumbup

I have edited my post.

Eraldo

Edited by 0d14r3

Jeremy, simplest way to solve RVM pack language leftovers is just to extract intl.inf from it (check if yours is home or pro subfolder in the 7z) into the i386 and overwrite, before loading into nlite of course.

When I extract should I leave the intl.inf in the 7z file or remove it?

Maybe the easiest method would be like Ryan and Bledd have said already- which is just to do integrate before and run again. But would their be any problem doing it while integrating other things like SP2, etc. ? That way I can make sure nothing else is adding anything sneakyly.

Edited by PrinceJason