batch file help

I just created a test batch file, where I simple placed an installation file inside my winxp unnatented cd on my desktop.

Looking like this

@echo off

echo.

echo Installing some app

start filename

pause

exit

sleep #

cmdow @ /hid

I then tried using the /wait command and sequencing other installers but it doesn't seem to work. after the first installation file exits the next one does not start.

also If I use my unnatended disc how can it really be unattended if I have to click next etc.. everytime a new installer pops up?

I'm not sure if I understand your specific problem, however this should be the type of thing you should be doing:

@echo off

echo.

echo Installing some app

start "" /wait filename.ext

echo.

echo Installing another app

start "" /wait anotherfile.ext

exit

That answers most of my question. I guess I had the commands all wrong, ill take a note of your post and use that as a template for my batch file.

I also wanted to know if I put this batch file in the unattended dvd (currently on my desktop) would it install these apps after windows is installed (at the fresh windows desktop) or during the installation of windows (in msdos)

either way how will that work if nobody is there to press next > next> ok etc.. during installation of the applications?

My last question about preloading applications:

I have heard that you can also integrate applications in the same way you add hotfixes from the hotfix window in nlite, and you simply insert apps (or drivers) into the hotfix window along with windows updates (such as ryands update packs)

The reason for this question, is that I have webcam drivers and tv tuner drivers that are NOT digitally signed, because when I installed the myself manually, I got a message saying these drivers are not digitally signed , do you want to install anyway? So I am just concerned that this could happen on a dozen or so applications in which case they won't install at all because in fully unnatended installation it doesn't ask for confirmation or input, it just skips the installs if theres a problem? at least thats my understanding.

There may be an option in nlite when making an unnatended disc, to automatically ignore drivers if they are not digitally signed and just install them anyway, but if there is I didnt notice.

Anyway thanks everyone for your help, I know ive asked a lot of questions, but im just keen on fully understanding and learning things so thanks for being patient with me : P

One more question... my batch file is getting bigger, and I have come across sound drivers for my nforce 4 motherboard. The problem is that the sound drivers come in a rar file (a folder within the rar file) so how is it possible to install drivers if they come inside a folder of their own? will that work with the method i am using.

?