windows xp deployment tools

Is it better to use nlite to create an unattended disk? or the deployment tools?

Thing is, i dont see a way to create the answer file with nlite, but i think you can preconfigure everything with the deployment tools.

What's your objective? To make something your workplace or corporation can use? Then use the Microsoft Windows XP SP2 deployment tools. Microsoft will support it; they won't support nLite.

To make something for home and/or casual use? Then use nLite - it's easy, fast, and reliable too, and with the RyanVM plugins, dead simple to keep current with patches.

The 'answer file' is where nLite is asking you all of those options (for your serial # and all that) - that's your answer file, but obviously it's not the same as the Microsoft method. I believe you can also tell it to run a .bat file when it's all done, for even more flexibility.

Perhaps if you defined what you wanted, you'd get better answers.

Oh thanks.. and you answered my question anyway.

I was just wondering if I had to create an answer file myself after creating an unattended boot with nlite, but i think nlite auto generates this answer file (at least thats what i got from your post) sorry if i sound noobish with questions, just learning.