Connecting Nokia Mobile Phone

Wijono

We can use USB cable CA-53 to connect a Nokia mobile phone with a PC.

The official driver available from Nokia is unfortunately only for W2K/WinXP.

Does someone perhaps know on a driver that will enable connecting CA-53 to Win98SE?

Thanks a lot.

Thanks galahs for your hints. As a matter of fact I have contributed something to the Maximum-Decim Native USB Drivers, as such I certainly already use it since quite a while. I have learned a lot on USB matters too as I have written in some other threads in this forum.

However, I still am not successful to connect my Nokia N70 to Win98SE.

Before connecting the mobile phone, I have installed Version 1.36 of the connecting cable driver, and to be able to use it with my N70, I have added VID and PID of N70 into the INF files, basically copying items of Nokia 6630 that is also Symbian mobile phone and change VID and PID accordingly. Then I installed Nokia PC Suite 5.8 that is installable with Win98SE. When I connect my N70, it is detected and recognized, Windows Explorer also shows it, but unfortunately the contents of N70 is not visible.

Can some expert perhaps help me? Thanks.

I cannot help with your usb problem but I can recommend getting a cheap Win98se usb bluetooth adaptor, the ivt bluesoleil compatable ones worked flawlessly with bluesoleil suite and oxygen and i assume would with pc suite.

Perhaps something worth trying until you have your cable working.

Thank you oscardog for your effort to help.

But I don’t think using Bluetooth can solve my problem.

Basically I have been successful with the connecting cable driver. My phone is recognized as Nokia N70, and it is displayed in the Windows Explorer.

The problem may lie with the PC Suite software that does not display the correct folders structure of the N70, maybe because when PC Suite 5.8 was written, N70 was not existing yet.

What I may need is a generic PC File Explorer that know N70 and can work under Win98SE.

Thank you oscardog for your effort to help.

But I don’t think using Bluetooth can solve my problem.

Basically I have been successful with the connecting cable driver. My phone is recognized as Nokia N70, and it is displayed in the Windows Explorer.

The problem may lie with the PC Suite software that does not display the correct folders structure of the N70, maybe because when PC Suite 5.8 was written, N70 was not existing yet.

What I may need is a generic PC File Explorer that know N70 and can work under Win98SE.

Might be worth a download of oxygen trial etc to eliminate any unknowns if supported or if you can obtain a copy of hidmaker you could probably interface with the device

Edited by oscardog

Thanks again oscardog!!

Unfortunately Oxygen Phone Manager for Symbian OS will only work with Windows 2K/XP/2003, not with Win98SE.

BTW, what is hidmaker?

I know the older versions did but whether they support n70 might be a different matter (might be worth a search for them), I would try any suitable win98 phone software to see if it is actually nokia suite messing up ( which it did have a habit of doing).

hidmaker helps making device drivers for interfacing over usb

As indicated on the Nokia site, N70 requires version 6.81 of the PC Suite, which is for Win2k/XP. You could try running it with KUP and see what happens.

Could you explain what do you mean with "running it with KUP" please?

• 8 months later...
Thanks again oscardog!!

Unfortunately Oxygen Phone Manager for Symbian OS will only work with Windows 2K/XP/2003, not with Win98SE.

BTW, what is hidmaker?

hi. what about I have nokia 7110 which says can connect via ca-53 and not with a symbian os.

I have an old pc so that I can not load a newer os like 2000 or xp or never vista. what can I do to connect my phone to pc?

or in the other words can I?

Thanks again oscardog!!

BTW, what is hidmaker?

hi. what about I have nokia 7110 which says can connect via ca-53 and not with a symbian os.

I have an old pc so that I can not load a newer os like 2000 or xp or never vista. what can I do to connect my phone to pc?

or in the other words can I?

http://www.dailysofts.com/program/570/5441...Nokia_7162.html

• 5 weeks later...

A viable alternative to Oxygen Manager, that I guarantee works flawlessly in Win 98SE is

MobTime Cell Phone Manager 2006 (at least up to v. 6.0.9, which is the one I now use).

It is shareware, like Oxygen Manager. And it is very resource-hungry, meaning you must

run it almost alone or else your system resources will drop to 0%! But, then again, you

don't need to access your mobile phone longer than to be able to back-up your data or

to upload things to the phone or to download from it, hence its resouce-hunger is not a

very big nuisance, IMHO, but YMMV, of course. My phone, BTW, is a Nokia 6111.

The link to find it is: http://www.mobtime.com

HTH

Edited by dencorso