[Release] Spybot - Search & Destroy v1.6.0.30

johndoe74

nomadturk, which addon are you talking about ? in the customized addon, teatimer is not activated by default but is included in the installation since some people might be using it. you don't have to use or activate it if you don't like it (I don't like it either)

if you mean the stock addon, i'll take a look at it over the weekend

Edited by johndoe74

Can we, anyhow, make this addon to "not" to install or activate the "tea timer"? It's a pain in the a**, everytime i install this, i remember why i removed it from my previous windows (:

nomadturk, did u even try out my addon before bitching about it here ? teatimer is not loaded in either of my addons. please don't waste my time like this again. thank you! :angry:

well you should at least the description or try it out before asking for a feature that happens to be already built in

anyways, forget about that. give either of the addons a try - whichever you prefer - stock or customized and you won't see teatimer unless you load it up yourself ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

when using the switchless installlers, either full or customized, in unattended Windows setup

the following problem came up:

=============================

Error

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

The existing file is marked as read-only.

=============================

The source has been slipstreamed by HFSLIP.

The problem existed in both nLited and non-nLited source.

Is it a problem in the source XP CD

do you have an existing read-only hosts file in your source ? cuz the addon installs spybot's hosts file and marks it read only. i had deliberately chosen NOT to delete an existing read-only hosts file when making the addon because of the possibility that some people might have their own hosts files that they would prefer to keep.

on the other hand, if a hosts file exists that is NOT read-only, it will be overwritten by spybot's hosts file.

i use hfslip extensively myself and this is not hfslip related

Edited by johndoe74

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

johndoe74 is very busy and wont be able to update his addons as frequently as in the past.

so for those that cant wait and are looking for the newest version, you may look here http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6924 or http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=5534

(i have received his permission to post alternatives to his)

Edited by ccl0

• 8 months later...