Advanced INF Install: Access Denied

0d14r3

I've been slipstreaming for a while with nlite.

I recently came across a problem when I slipstream using 1.0.1 Final.

Upon installation following the slipstream, under each user without admin on first login the "Advanced INF Install: Access Denied" runs 2 times.

Anyone else with these symptoms, problems?

Thanks everyone.

ok, Mr Search. :whistle:

Before I post here, i use search Mr Search but ...

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...l=access+denied

No solution.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...l=access+denied

Is here the solution?

Is in de post of tarquel http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...=access+denied#

or of Mr Search http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...2&hl=access denied&st=15#

I´m confused. Help pls.

Thantks in advance.

ps. nLite 1.0RC7 is ok, but it is not compatible with .7zs addons. tks

Edited by 0d14r3

It will be resolved in the next release of nlite I believe.

My post is only really valid for corporate lans where you deploy to many computers using RIS - you can of course use the same process should you wish [i.e. edit the nlite.sif file before creating the iso of the build and burning it]

You can also remove the entries in runonce part of the registry from the .default registry area I believe [use caution here - only do this if you know what you are doing]

EDIT: He didnt mean search for Mr Search... just to use the search facility of the forum before starting threads as it has already been asked ;)

Regards

Nath.

Edited by tarquel

Thanks tarquel, I will use the method of your post.

I understand what nuhi mean, I used search before post.

Next time I will use one of post before starting new threads. :blushing:

Eraldo

ps. sorry for my very, very bad english.

No, it don´t ask.

I ever login with admin first, after install.

I did 2 tentatives:

1 - I activate Guest, logoff Admin, login Guest - the error show up.

2 - With Admin I did conection with the domain of my work, include my computer, reboot.

Login wiht Admin, create a Fox with Advanced user, reboot.

Login with Fox and the error show up.

I created more 3 advanced users and the error show up in the first login, but no with an new admin user created.

Thank for your atention.

Eraldo

Noted. Seems like some part of registry reapply which isn't allowed for limited users somehow found it's way into the reapply section once again.

Gonna try your setup and isolate it. After RC version.

• 1 month later...

I came here searching for a solution to this very problem. The issue, as I see it, is that these entries are in the runonce section of the default user registry hive. Whenever a new user logs in, the default user profile is copied and the tweak settings from nlite.inf are being applied to the newly copied profile from the runonce section in the user's registry hive.

What I cannot figure out is whether these tweaks are already applied to the default user profile or not. I have removed these entries from the default user hive and logged on as a new user and I cannot see the difference between this profile and the profiles that these tweaks were applied to. So, if the tweaks are already applied to the profile, then I believe these entries can be removed from the default user registry hive with a simple script or an .inf file.

Perhaps nuhi can shed some light on this subject.

Yeah what are those entries for I think that question has come up but was NEVER answered. Id love to know what are we missing if those dont get applied?

Also what is the fix to make them go into the registry. I honestly dont mind the error if I got everything nlite was trying to do to make the system good. Oh and for the record I dont get this error in 1.2.1 but I get a lot of other problems with the version so I use 1.01.