Vista 5728

WBHoenig

If you'd have read the Actual Releases thread, you would have realised that it is out to Connect testers.

But I doubt it will be released to CPP. Personally, I'm surprised us on Connect are getting it - but I'm not complaining!!!

wow 128 builds since RC1, and that's all they manage? the **** sidebar still minimizes when u press show desktop, that's what I wanted fixing, it seems to have also stopped working with free avg (not completely but windows defender seems to not like the resident shield, and I cant see a way to get it to like it - edit: ok on closer inspection it fails upon loading the drivers, so it is vista, and not defender).

bit disappointing this release really....

Edited by iCEhOT

the **** sidebar still minimizes when u press show desktop, that's what I wanted fixing,

Why not enable the option to keep the Sidebar on top of other windows in the properties then? You really should look before complaining :angry:

However, my grumble now, is that why the hell is the sidebar transparent on Glass-Incompatible gfx cards? I'm on a i915 and if I enable sidebar-on-top my sidebar becomes blocky, but it's still see-through (I can move windows behind it and see them). Half-assed glass is worse than no-glass at all :realmad:

the **** sidebar still minimizes when u press show desktop, that's what I wanted fixing,

Why not enable the option to keep the Sidebar on top of other windows in the properties then? You really should look before complaining :angry:

However, my grumble now, is that why the hell is the sidebar transparent on Glass-Incompatible gfx cards? I'm on a i915 and if I enable sidebar-on-top my sidebar becomes blocky, but it's still see-through (I can move windows behind it and see them). Half-assed glass is worse than no-glass at all :realmad:

Hey i do know about that option, so dont go saying i dont look, i dont want it on top of other windows at all, I want it underneith all of them and STUCK to the desktop so it wont minimize like it's just another standard window...

wow 128 builds since RC1, and that's all they manage? the **** sidebar still minimizes when u press show desktop, that's what I wanted fixing, it seems to have also stopped working with free avg (not completely but windows defender seems to not like the resident shield, and I cant see a way to get it to like it - edit: ok on closer inspection it fails upon loading the drivers, so it is vista, and not defender).

No, one build since RC1, but 128 higher build number. And the build number I believe is computer generated and doesn't per se mean a lot was fixed. In fact, this build is a minor update from 5600. Don't expect the sidebar to be fixed at all come RTM... especially since RTM is expected for next month. This is quite possibly the last pre-RTM build.

Installs no faster, still needs a manual reboot (in my case) to finalize the install...

I went from a 5.1 perf rating to a 4.1...

Still no SLI.

Methinks I wasted 4.5 hours on this, for what?

M$ - can you hear us? We'd like to help, down here at the bottom of the food chain....

Its supposed to do that, its by design, because when you press desktop it gives you just what you want - the desktop. The sidebar is basically another window (a little different tho) and when you use desktop it minimizes all the other windows so you can see the desktop. But....I do see your point. You could do what someone else suggested, keep it on top of other windows but that does look kinda ugly.

Edited by Spooky

hrm oh well if that's the case i dont think i'll be using their sidebar, i was hoping that would be the one thing it did better than the competition, but seeing it doesnt, everything else about the side bar is poo, may as well just continue using samurize or something... thing is, i understand what the other poster was saying about it's by design and that it is another window, but, kde doesnt do that with karumba, that program rules, it sticks perfectly to the desktop even when u press the show desktop button, i was hoping for something along those lines, all in all after playing with so many builds of vista, i am incredibly disapointed, and actually prefer XP... dont think i'll be giving microsoft quarter of my months wages just for that!