W2KSP4 - Patch for a Patch

wela

I'm assuming this is a critical update. Am I right?

Edit: Or wait, I just read the KB article for KB920958. Apparently KB925308 was created to resolve an issue with the update. So, will KB925308 be needed until a revised version of KB920958 is available?

Edit #2: According to you [the_guy], it replaces KB920958 file-for-file. But it is listed under a different description. In addition, the KB article for KB920958 says KB925308 simply resolves an issue concerning KB920958. This isn't really making sense for me :lol:.

Edited by Super-Magician

P.S. Your sig needs updating ;).
Whoops... I knew I forgot something... :w00t:

The descriptions never make sense to me. :P

MS propably released this as a separate hotfix because it isn't Patch Tuesday yet, or because it's important enough that "dummies" should see it clearly... but the latter doesn't make much sense since it would be shown on the Windows Update site in that case. My guess is they will update the KB920958 hotfix on October, 10.

P.S. Your sig needs updating ;).
Whoops... I knew I forgot something... :w00t:

The descriptions never make sense to me. :P

MS propably released this as a separate hotfix because it isn't Patch Tuesday yet, or because it's important enough that "dummies" should see it clearly... but the latter doesn't make much sense since it would be shown on the Windows Update site in that case. My guess is they will update the KB920958 hotfix on October, 10.

I'm going to make a new Windows 2000 Pro CD with the FDV fileset. Do I still require KB920958?

I got KB920958 in the recycle bin right now. LOL.