DNS issues with RRAS

fizban2

ok,

just rebuilt a server, part a testing domain i have, DC, DNS, DHCP all installed and working, lan side (192.168.0.1) has DNS set to 127.0.0.1 to hit the Internal DNS server first then has internet DNS server in the forwarders. setup RRAS for my internal and extrernal NICs. everything should be peachy at that point but i can't resolve domain, i know it is a DNS issue but can't figure out what. i can ping IPs but not domain names. Any one think of what i am missing?

you mean a reverse lookiup zone? no i have not created one yet. though i shouldn't need one, if my DNS server cannot find a proper record it should use one the forwarder DNS server to resolve the DNS name. but it is broke at that point

Note:

think i have narrowed it down further, it seems i can ping my gateway to the internet (72.x.x.x) but not the internet DNS servers (24.x.x.x) or any outside IPs, when i hook my modem up to my machine, i can ping both DNS servers and IPs on the net. any thoughts why this would be happening? bad nic?