Control Text Install / Automate GUI install

I recently created a unattended CD which worked as planned ... except one part. I already had windows xp installed on the current hard drive and instead of prompting me to format the drive or create partitions, it simply created a second instilation of XP. Now, when I boot, I have to choose which OS to boot. I really wanted to install xp by removing the old copy and starting fresh. So, how can I control the text installation, but still automate the GUI installation? make sense? is this possible or no? i tried searching but didn't find anything or didn't look in the right place. thanks in advance!

I think I found what I was looking for under the data section of winnt.sif ...

if I change the autopartion value to 0 it should ask me which drive to install, format options and so on, correct?

Edited by stuntdawg

Im using this to automaticly remove all other partitions and make one big partition:

[Data]

Autopartition = 1

[unattended]

Repartition = yes

FileSystem = *

[Disk.Config]

Disk1="Disk1.config"

[Disk1.config]

Size1="3000"

PartitionType1="primary"

FileSystem1="ntfs"

Quickformat1="yes[Data]"

I hope this helps someone else :-)

NOTE: THIS WILL NOT MAKE A 3GB PARTITION! IT WILL FILL OUT ALL AVAILABLE SPACE!

are there anyway to make the cd just format c: partition and make a new install without any promt or choice?

so i can just click on 1 button(on the start"click to boot with the CD) to install the whole window without any other things...

Edited by Vingen

if I change the autopartion value to 0 it should ask me which drive to install, format options and so on, correct?

Autopartition doesn't even need to be there. Remove it altogether but add the following;

[unattended]

Repartition = "No"

You should get options then. You said that everything else worked fine so I'm assuming that all other entries are correct for unattendend installation.