problems with msn messenger and also wireless

neiantrim

problems with msn messenger and also wireless

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

first of all my wireless, my wireless network isnt connecting as my router isnt transmitting signals as the wireless icon isnt appearing on my router, im not sure wat is wrong.

my msn messenger isnt working when i connect to the internet throught a wired network the error code is - 81000306 i have opened firewall ports to allow msn to work but it is stil not working can anyone advise me on what to do, thank you

As for the error code you get from MSN Messenger, I Googled this, first result:

Try the following to help resolve the situation:

1. Make sure you are connected to the Internet.

2. Make sure you have installed the latest version of MSN Messenger.

3. Make sure you have installed the latest available updates for your operating system. For Microsoft® Windows® operating systems, go to the Microsoft® Windows® Update website.

4. If you are using a firewall, make sure that MSN Messenger is allowed full access through the firewall. For more information, see the firewall documentation.

5. Verify the Advanced Connection settings for MSN Messenger.

Notes

* If your computer is part of a corporate network, contact your network administrator to make sure that the network allows access to the MSN Messenger service.

* If you use a dial-up connection, the connection may be timing out. Try to connect again later.

Has your router always done this (new wireless?) or is it something that has just started within the past day or so?

As for the error code you get from MSN Messenger, I Googled this, first result:
Try the following to help resolve the situation:

1. Make sure you are connected to the Internet.

2. Make sure you have installed the latest version of MSN Messenger.

3. Make sure you have installed the latest available updates for your operating system. For Microsoft® Windows® operating systems, go to the Microsoft® Windows® Update website.

4. If you are using a firewall, make sure that MSN Messenger is allowed full access through the firewall. For more information, see the firewall documentation.

5. Verify the Advanced Connection settings for MSN Messenger.

Notes

* If your computer is part of a corporate network, contact your network administrator to make sure that the network allows access to the MSN Messenger service.

* If you use a dial-up connection, the connection may be timing out. Try to connect again later.

Has your router always done this (new wireless?) or is it something that has just started within the past day or so?

its just recently started doing this, its been working great for the past 5 months since i got it.

Have you made any changes to your router configuration?

nope not that i am aware of. tho i did block some websites as i dont want my brother accessing some of them as he has damaged my computer before with viruses and what not

Edited by neiantrim