Tutorial: Remove Evaluation Watermark from Desktop

bytesurfer

hello this'll be my first but i guarantee not my last post

i've been running windows vista x64 ultimate build 6000 for 2-3 weeks now and have it working perfectly apart from the watermark i've tried everhing to remove it including what it says here but it just wont move. has ayone else removed it on rtm if so can you help please?

There is no watermark on the RTM thus there is no reason to remove it.

hello this'll be my first but i guarantee not my last post

i've been running windows vista x64 ultimate build 6000 for 2-3 weeks now and have it working perfectly apart from the watermark i've tried everhing to remove it including what it says here but it just wont move. has ayone else removed it on rtm if so can you help please?

I'm using Vista Bill released... in my c:\system32, there's no xy-XY... nor user32.dll.mui directory, why ?

its mean

xy-XY

For English version en-US

like this U can search Ur version lang.

As Spooky says - there is NO watermark in the RTM version of Vista.

If there is then it's obvious what you've done to cause it, so you shouldn't be asking to start with.

Ok then, on the flipside, how would you cause the watermark to appear if you wanted it? On Vista64 RTM. I mean, its not as if its not there, it is, but disabled. I'd like to be able to show my build version.

Anyone know???

Cheers.

D.

The watermark isn't in the RTM because the files and code/entries to produce the watermark are not in the RTM. As far as the version not sure if one of these will do it for you or not as I haven't tried it (this is from an old XP reg entry that still exists in Vista):

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
"PaintDesktopVersion"=dword:00000001

or.....

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop]
"PaintDesktopVersion"=dword:00000001

As Spooky says - there is NO watermark in the RTM version of Vista.

If there is then it's obvious what you've done to cause it, so you shouldn't be asking to start with.

Ok then, on the flipside, how would you cause the watermark to appear if you wanted it? On Vista64 RTM. I mean, its not as if its not there, it is, but disabled. I'd like to be able to show my build version.

Anyone know???

Cheers.

D.

Edited by Spooky

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...