Please help....

//Ramesh//

Edited by neo_matrix.rs

Any idea to removw "Evalution copy"watermark from desktop in

windows xp x64 edition and windows 2k3 server R2

post-92414-1159204037_thumb.jpg

Please help....

//Ramesh//

and @ the post below that one, I figured it out - it's a registry key called PaintDesktopVersion.

After reading this I was wondering if it is possible to put a watermark on XP's desktop...

Download TweakUI from Microsoft.com. Click General then scroll down and select "Show Windows version on desktop"

"paintdektopversion" reg key also

no any help about this . i have already done

any more....

Why bother to remove the watermark at this time anyway. You just have to do it again and again for each build, and then its going to go away anyway when Vista goes RTM. Besides, there is no need to modify any files to do this, its a registry entry change.

Edited by Spooky

I can't download English version of the patch. :(

Yeah, the link didn't work for me either so I took the address of the French version and removed FR from the file name. It worked, here is the English link: http://eoxus.free.fr/files/RC1_desktop_tag_patch.rar

I'm trying to change the properties on the dll, but when I try to add "full control" or any other type of permission , I get a permission denied error. I have admin rights.

I'm trying to change the properties on the dll, but when I try to add "full control" or any other type of permission , I get a permission denied error. I have admin rights.

Hi yronnen!

Got ownership before editing the permissions? :whistle:

It´s recommended that you take ownership of the user32.dll.mui first and then edit the permissions.

Hi yronnen!

Got ownership before editing the permissions? :whistle:

It´s recommended that you take ownership of the user32.dll.mui first and then edit the permissions.

Of course... :}

Any idea to removw "Evalution copy"watermark from desktop in

windows xp x64 edition and windows 2k3 server R2

post-92414-1159204037_thumb.jpg

Please help....

//Ramesh//

Short of finding a similar hack, there's no way to remove the notice from an evaluation copy of Windows.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

hoping you can help, Ive installed the X64 Ultimate edition and cant remove the watermark - there is the user54.mui.dll file in both the wow64 and windows32 folder and have modded both of them but I still cant get rid of the evaluation txt.

Does anyone know which folder I should be looking in, if there is another place the OS might check and if it needs something different or extra on X64 ultimate edition.

Thanks in advance