Undocking Quick Launch Toolbar

scibott

I would appreciate some help with undocking the Vista Quick Launch Toolbar from the Taskbar, to move it to the top of the screen. I have done this with 98, 98SE, ME, XP Home, XP Pro and XP MCE. Is it the UAC keeping it in the Taskbar? I hate having my Taskbar real estate taken by Quick Launch, and it's driving me insane not being able to move it like all previous versions of Windows.

Hello scibott,

In case you have not found out how to dock quick launch to the top of the screen yet. Go to c:\users\whatever your pc is named\appdata\roaming\microsoft\internet explorer\.

Here you should find your Quick Launch folder. Simply left click hold and drag the folder to the top edge of the screen and drop it, Walla, quick launch bar.

It does not appear that quick launch detaches from the task bar as in previous versions of windows, but the method I have described does the job without leaving a folder on the desktop. You can also turn off quick launch on the taskbar and it will not affect your screen top quick launch.

I Hope this helps you, or anyone else that needs it.

Hermitt-guy