16 bit support - restore

MaxP2P

Hi!

I removed the 16 bit support (know, stupid..), and now I need to install an app that requires it.

I have tried putting in my orignal Win XP Pro CD and just reinstalling the OS, thinking that it will replace all the system files and therefor, restore the 16 bit support...

Though many things came back (like compatibily mode), the 16 bit support is no where to be seen.

So do I really have to format the entire HDD just to get it back? Or is there a way?

Maybe the files are all there, just some registery keys that need to be edited in order to activate it?

Any chance someone who knows what nLite does in order to remove the 16 bit support could post, so that the process could be reversed?

Thanks alot! :D

as far as i know

once u removed it .. its BYE BYE .. to it for good

just copy the XP ( clean / un mod ) cd back to hard drive n than load the last_session file back up

make sure to untrick that 16-bit support .. box to have it there n

add any updates/addons/Service packs as well that you had ;)

PS being there done that :) with removing something i needed

But the weird thing is that I tried using my original CD on the laptop to reinstall 16-bit support (and all the other crap unfortunatly), but stilll the 16-bit was no where to be seen.

So do I actually have to delete everything on the HDD?

Since I don't have a DVD-burner on it, and having to transfere everything to the other PC is a pain...

But oh well.. Guess I'll put off a day and get that **** laptop the way I want it :P

• 2 weeks later...

Can be restored. No format needed! :thumbup

Have you solved it? :D

I had the same problem, so I made an installer by which you can add 16 bit support.

No uninstaller. Sorry!

Please let me know if you want that.

Edited by wishnew