MSD driver integration ith Windows 2003 x64

ndy4eva

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to make Windows 2003 x64 to include Dell's PERC5 device driver. When I try to load the device driver using floppy disk with original Windows 2003 x64, it detects the RAID disk without any problem. However when I integrate the device driver using nLite, it doesn't detect the RAID disk.

Any idea or suggestions?

I have successfully added latest version of Dell PERC4, ATI display, Intel & Broadcom NIC drivers as well HP drivers (NIC & storage).

I manually added following lines to "TxtSetup.inf" and it worked fine.

[HardwareIdsDatabase]

PCI\VEN_1028&DEV_0015&SUBSYS_1F011028 = "percsas"

PCI\VEN_1028&DEV_0015&SUBSYS_1F021028 = "percsas"

PCI\VEN_1028&DEV_0015&SUBSYS_1F031028 = "percsas"

It looks like the nLite can't pickup the PCI ID and add them in [HardwareIdsDatabase] section in txtsetup.inf file.

• 6 months later...

I've got a 2900 which I've been trying to install 2003x64 on, and not having much luck.

Either got "no drives found" or "percsas.sys is corrupt" and did not seem to matter if I let nlite do the deed, or modded by hand

or even a little bit of both.

Oh, joy, just got a new one "syntax error in the .sif file that setup uses...shut down or restart your computer". <sigh>

Getting closer, at least and was going to try the Raid Slipstreamer but it only has/does 32bit drivers, IIRC from the thread.

Tried everything I've gleaned from search results, and no joy as of yet.