Paint Shop Pro XI

cyberloner

Read on another forum using the entries below will let you uninstall paintshop pro X1 completely

1. Open up 'windows\system32', show hidden files and delete these files:
KGyGaAvL.sys and E409E98A27.sys

2. Delete these keys: 540220473 and 540228105 from all PROTEXIS entries in the registry.

Hi,

I've made several activation test.

a1) I did found KGyGaAvL.sys and copy it in a safe folder then deleted it from Windows/Sytem32, I did NOT found E409E98A27.sys

a2) I deleted HKCU/Protexis and HKLM/Protexis 540220473 and 540228105 from the registry

a3) I run PSP and this time i could activate it I copied all these registry in the safe folder.

b1) I uninstalled PSP and deleted everything regarding PSP (KGyGaAvL.sys, HKCU/Corel, HKLM/Corel, HKCU/Protexis and HKLM/Protexis

b2) New Installation with a new serial number

b3) Try launching PSP to activate it... NO CHANCE :( i got error message"This copy of PaintShop is epired and will be stoped"

b4) I replaced Windows/Sytem32/KGyGaAvL.sys by thhat copied in the safe folder (here above), replaced all

HKCU/Corel, HKLM/Corel, HKCU/Protexis and HKLM/Protexis by those in a safe folder (here above), try launching PSP to activate it... NO CHANCE... PSP expired.

c1) I uninstalled PSP and deleted everything regarding PSP (KGyGaAvL.sys, HKCU/Corel, HKLM/Corel, HKCU/Protexis and HKLM/Protexis

c2) New Installation with the first working serial number

c3) Try launching PSP to activate it... NO CHANCE :(:(:( PSP expired.

Anyone can help?

What file/registry to remove all PSP tracks/marks for enabling a new activation?

Regards

coucou

Edited by coucou

yes, using an autoit script. Other option would be to save the activation file from computer to computer when you activate it first time.

By the way, you can uninstall PSP, the key will be there. It seems a bit difficult to remove it.

May you be kind to give us more info

where the activation file is located ???

what key to complete uninstall PSP???

Regards

coucou

May you be kind to give us more info

where the activation file is located ???

what key to complete uninstall PSP???

Regards

coucou

I don't really know where it is located, but using an install monitor software, like repacker, you should be able to spot it.

Anyways, when you activate it, it gives you the option to save the activation as a text file.

I'm sorry but I can't offer any help with this installation. I have decided not to upgrade to Paint Shop Pro XI, since it adds nothing useful to me over Paint Shop Pro X for its price.

Edited by hp38guser

• 2 months later...
Read on another forum using the entries below will let you uninstall paintshop pro X1 completely

1. Open up 'windows\system32', show hidden files and delete these files:
KGyGaAvL.sys and E409E98A27.sys

2. Delete these keys: 540220473 and 540228105 from all PROTEXIS entries in the registry.

I know this topic is a bit old but I found out how recover Corel Paint Shop Pro after the "this copy expired" thing, you see, the first file KGyGaAvL.sys it's okay to delete but the second one E409E98A27.sys you won't find it because the setup program on each installation creates a different file, I mean you can get that E409E98A27.sys file or a file with a different name like in my case that I got a D2FBED2A19.sys file, you can easily find the file that your installation created because it has the same modification date as the KGyGaAvL.sys file, deleting that file along the KGyGaAvL.sys will enable you to reactivate your Corel Paint Shop Pro XI again :)

Edited by DBGARZA

Just a heads up, there is an update for PSPXI out, takes it to v11.11, it also adds another service called PSIService which is Protexis Licensing Service and the program wont run unless this service is running, another reason to stick with v10.

Just a heads up, there is an update for PSPXI out, takes it to v11.11, it also adds another service called PSIService which is Protexis Licensing Service and the program wont run unless this service is running, another reason to stick with v10.

So all Corel does for business is creating new copy protection methods, as changes between PSPX and PSPXI are minimal. They better start working on improving their tools section. Drawing Letters is still hard to deal with for example.

So all Corel does for business is creating new copy protection methods

It looks that way, I managed to blag a copy from PC World for free as a sweetner for buying a laptop, I suppose Corel have a right to protect their software but stopping me from using the program because I don't want services running all over the place is a bit drastic, its another example of hurting the folks who buy the software or blag it :thumbup .

I haven't found a legal way to register the program after a silent install which affects folks who do this sort of thing :realmad: , adding services that don't really need to be there affects folks who like to slim Windows etc so what's the point in buying it?, may as well stick with v10 for the reasons you pointed out. or as I haven't noticed any probs with this version don't update.

Hm. If you save [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Corel] and [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Protexis] keys from registry after manual activating, after a normal install (silent with serial) add the saved reg keys and you will get an ACTIVATED PSP XI. It worked for me... (I think the protexis is enough, but who knows...?)

Joc

already deleted version xi ... version 10 still best...

have u try to reformat windows and install it without activate? and reg with the reg u say so...

i think the activation box will jump up... lazy download such useless upgrade version that doesn't function more but with stupid activation only....