OEMScan - Automated Multi Manufacture Pre-Activation Utility

Very useful tool severach. Thank you. :)

I am thinking about making a new version of my OEM ACT tool I made a while back that utalizes oemscan.exe and your new oembios.exe. Would you guys mind? Basically what I am thinking is I'll make OEM ACT scan with the new oembios.exe and find the crc needed then browse a folder filled with oembios files and check each crc of each cat file till it finds a matching set and then it copies oemscan and that set of oembios files to the harddrive and runs them. This way it would be less work for the users. ;)

BTW I have another question. May be a stupid lazy question but here goes...

I haven't had a chance to test 2k3 or vista compatability yet. But does 2k3 and vista use the same oembios file sets that windows xp uses? Or would I need to collect my own oembios sets from manufacturer oem disks or installed manufacturer oem systems? Sorry if I missed a post that answers this allready.

Thanks again guys. :)

Edited by Siginet

Windows XP and Windows 2003 OEMBIOS files use a different key to encrypt the data, file sets aren’t compatible. I assume Vista will be the same. If you want to do it I have no problem. You could write an oemscan.ini file with all the SLP Strings which executes an app w/ the CRC32 and generates an oemscan.ini file.

Ie:

[HEDYCOMPUTER]

CMD=genini.exe 162C7931

Which then scans a directory tree for the CRC32 and generates a OEMSCAN.INI file

[sM]

PATH=".\162C7931\"

I don’t think it’s worth the effort writing it. Essentially it’s for someone who knows what oembios files they need but are to dense / lazy to modify (or add) two lines in the oemscan.ini file. I think a well written guide would be more effective then writing an app to make things easy-ist-er.

If you’re already distributing the oembios files and generating the oemscan.ini files on the fly with RVM Integrator what’s the point.

Hope this is the right place to ask this?

Anyway, I have a Gateway with Media center edition 2005.

I only have generic OEM home or Pro XP disks available to

make a disk with the OEMBIOS files. Can I use one of those?

And which one. Or do I need to get a hold of a Media center

edition disk?

Very useful tool severach. Thank you. :)

I am thinking about making a new version of my OEM ACT tool I made a while back that utalizes oemscan.exe and your new oembios.exe. Would you guys mind? Basically what I am thinking is I'll make OEM ACT scan with the new oembios.exe and find the crc needed then browse a folder filled with oembios files and check each crc of each cat file till it finds a matching set and then it copies oemscan and that set of oembios files to the harddrive and runs them. This way it would be less work for the users. ;)

will wait for it Siginet! :) would it employ too what severach has created? thanks!

Hope this is the right place to ask this?

Anyway, I have a Gateway with Media center edition 2005.

I only have generic OEM home or Pro XP disks available to

make a disk with the OEMBIOS files. Can I use one of those?

And which one. Or do I need to get a hold of a Media center

edition disk?

XP HOME/PRO/Media Center OEM editions all use the same OEMBIOS files.

You can download oembios files from http://www.oembios.net

I received a positive report from someone who has been using oemscan on Windows XP Professional X64 Edition

He ended up with a nice pre-activated install ;)

That is great news. :) So does x64 have it's own set of oembios files or do they use the same ones as XP x86 as well? Anybody have a repository for other oembios files? I want to run some tests but I have none of the oembios sets from any of the oter systems besides x86 XP. :(

I received a positive report from someone who has been using oemscan on Windows XP Professional X64 Edition

That is great news. :) So does x64 have it's own set of oembios files or do they use the same ones as XP x86 as well? Anybody have a repository for other oembios files? I want to run some tests but I have none of the oembios sets from any of the oter systems besides x86 XP. :(

x64 uses the same files as x86.

Which is actually quite strange :blink:

The orginal Windows XP Professional X64 COA OEM disc holds 3 files which exactly match the Server 2003 COA/Retail set

Which is actually quite strange :blink:

The orginal Windows XP Professional X64 COA OEM disc holds 3 files which exactly match the Server 2003 COA/Retail set

Are you refering to the x64 CD or the IA64 (Itanium) CD? Actually for a Retail or MnP OEM CD (x86 or x64) it doesn't matter what files are used, any failure would just require activation. For IA64 it also doesn't matter because activation isn't needed (or so I've been told).

I ran OEMScan on my HP zd7000 while testing for deployment on a lot of different HP/Compaq laptops we use for work. OEMScan found Hewlett and copied over the OEM files It also ran my oemcopy batch file to update the oobeinfo.ini that includes a HP/Compaq CD key included in the generic XP install discs they send with each machine. I just rebooted and all I get now is this error: "A problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking the license for this computer."

I can boot into safe mode and log into the local admin account, but can not boot into safe mode with networking. After some google searches I've tried removing the cryptography keys in HKEY_USERS, registered a few dlls, and tried changing my CD key through msoobe.exe /a but it can't run in safe mode. Anyone have a suggestion on this?

I ran OEMScan on my HP zd7000 while testing for deployment on a lot of different HP/Compaq laptops we use for work. OEMScan found Hewlett and copied over the OEM files It also ran my oemcopy batch file to update the oobeinfo.ini that includes a HP/Compaq CD key included in the generic XP install discs they send with each machine. I just rebooted and all I get now is this error: "A problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking the license for this computer."

I can boot into safe mode and log into the local admin account, but can not boot into safe mode with networking. After some google searches I've tried removing the cryptography keys in HKEY_USERS, registered a few dlls, and tried changing my CD key through msoobe.exe /a but it can't run in safe mode. Anyone have a suggestion on this?

The only time I’ve seen “A problem is preventing windows from accurately checking the license for this computer” in context to OEMScan is when I replaced the OEMBIOS files on a Volume License version of XP.

Are you refering to the x64 CD or the IA64 (Itanium) CD? Actually for a Retail or MnP OEM CD (x86 or x64) it doesn't matter what files are used, any failure would just require activation. For IA64 it also doesn't matter because activation isn't needed (or so I've been told).

I believe it's the x64 CD, CRC hashes of the Single COA/Retail Disc (only oembios.cat is different VS win3k)

oembios.bin CE943F67
oembios.cat FB0B752E
oembios.dat 9FF5BF35
oembios.sig C25EBB4E