How to disable any P2P Network

pppx00

Since my room mate just dl garbage and pr0n all day and I pay the Internet service, I want to know how to disable any P2P Network (specialty Morpheus, Ares and Limewire) on Windows XP without change something in the Modem/Router (since is blocked by my ISP provider)

Any suggestion will be good :D

Thanks in advanced.

if you pay for it, just make him pay for half or more based on what he downloads :P

ill look around when i get home tonight for a way to block it. but the best way is to actually remove him from the network/internet.

Thanks for your response mate, hahaha true on that but we make a deal before, he gave me some stuffs for not pay Internet, but i'm tired of waiting hours to watch a video from youtube or loading heavy websites.

I was thinking if maybe exists an registry mod or something.

Your looking at the situation a bit aggresively if you ask me.

Why dont you install BWMeter on his pc and just limmit the maximum upload and download so he can only ever use 70% of the network speed.

To disable P2P is like slapping him in the face behind his back. He wont be happy.

There might be a freeware tool that can do the same but thats what i used.

Your looking at the situation a bit aggresively if you ask me.

Why dont you install BWMeter on his pc and just limmit the maximum upload and download so he can only ever use 70% of the network speed.

To disable P2P is like slapping him in the face behind his back. He wont be happy.

There might be a freeware tool that can do the same but thats what i used.

Already told him to close those apps at least when I want to play online games or in the night, but he doesn't want.

So that's why i'm looking for The best solution IMO is an registry edit or something but honestly dunno how.

Hmm...if your modem has user-configurable settings, and so long as you aren't modifying speed settings (or anything like that) in the modem, your ISP would probably never even know, and likely not even care. Also, if you're using multiple computers, you could modify the settings within the router to block ports used by P2P networks (which you can find out easily with google).

Finally, if you're using a single computer, you can install a software firewall like Kaspersky Internet Security (my personal choice) which blocks most P2P ports by default (the programs themselves can be cut off from all net access manually), and it can be password protected. Another cool feature of Kaspersky is that it can limit the times a program can access the net, so you can block access at times when you're usually using the net, but leave it open when you're asleep or at work.

I'd also be very careful...with the internet in your name, anti-P2P giants like the RIAA aren't very accepting of the "it wasn't me" defense (or any defense at all for that matter), and they can cause a heck of a lot of legal trouble.

First, if he's surfin pr4n then he's probaby got crazy spyware sucking bandwidth. Get that cleaned up.

Second, learn how to run his downloading software and control the speed. The good dl clients all have speed controls on them. When you want to surf Yahoo pr4n, slow his pr4n down.