5.4 Bugs

That wpipath bug was all my fault. When I took out the self-added +"\\"; to wpipath, I didnt't update the code in the scripts to reflect that chage. I sent Kels an updated copy to replace the archive here on the site. Download and use that one instead of the "patch" that was posted on the forum.

@lawrenca: That has been an issue for a while now. Some people wanted to have the category un-check all items below when un-check the category, some don't. Then you run into issues with Forced and such. I have it in my notes, I will settle on one some time soon.

WPI RESUME !!!

ok it works.. after restart wpi resumes ..but explorer/desktop loads up.. i dont think that should happens..

any way of preventing that from happening

sorry for bumping the post ..but really need a workaround on this.. thx

After redo my wpi from 5.3 to 5.4 the reg files wont work anymore

questionmarkxv3.th.jpg

Normaly it looked like this

%CDROM%\WPI\Install\DynAdvance\dynadvance.reg

with 5.4 :

"%CDROM%\WPI\Install\DynAdvance\dynadvance.reg"

do i need to remove the "" with reg files?

WPI RESUME !!!

ok it works.. after restart wpi resumes ..but explorer/desktop loads up.. i dont think that should happens..

any way of preventing that from happening

At this point, there is not a work around for that. I am looking for ways around loading the desktop and automatically logging on, but I have not found a solution yet. For now it will just have to be the way it is, at least you can resume.

@Zorphnog: I updated the code to use RunOnceEx so it starts before the desktop is brought up. But it does not start before the user logon screen. I talked 'acomputerwiz' about this and we found a way to make it work with an autolog on BUT neither one of us really likes it at this point. Too much can go wrong. If WPI or an installer crashes it could possibly not clear the auto logon next reboot. This is fine for most home users who normally use the Admin account. but in a work environment it would not bo good. It is easy enough to remove for an IT guy, but, for now it is on hold.

I sent Avneet and Kels a copy to test but they have not replied back yet..............

The only issue I have encountered is with the reboot function. The problem is more of a Windows issue than a WPI issue, but I find if I reboot before the initial logon profile has been completed then the quicklaunch bar fails to be created properly.

I have my WPI reboot 60 seconds after it finishes to allow the profile to be created, but obviously this will not work if you require a reboot in the middle of your installations.

I think i have find a bug :(

I want to try to use the transitions option,but if you use this on your wpi the liste of programmes in your database will not show.Its not realy a big bug,but some people can be affraid to think to loose all here work.

Look:

Before my window seems like this

post-109788-1159540041_thumb.jpg

if you takes the options transitions to on

post-109788-1159540004_thumb.jpg

After my window seems like this

post-109788-1159540068_thumb.jpg

Can you tell me what is the probleme?