5.5 wishlist

FAO Mark,

I know you are looking at adding the ability to configure IP address, DNS, WINS, Computername. Are you also looking into the option of joing the PC to a domain. If so, can WPI give the end user the text boxes to enter username, password and domain. It would be great if this could also be hardcoded within the script for automated installs or parsed via the command line launchin WPI. Would be even better if the password could be encrypted for security reasons.

Hope all is going well. Am sorry I aint really been posting much lately, am snowed under at work with a SMS 2003 project. :-)

In a few weeks, will want to update my automated Win XP install to use the latest version of WPI and to also kick off the install from a Pre Installation environment, rather than th text portion of setup, but thats for another section of msfn. :w00t:

Kev,

Yes, I hope to have all options avaible for Workgroup or Domain, static IP or DHCP, DNS, WINS, User name, computer name, password........going for it all. It will need some fine tuning from people like yourself; I don't have access to any servers/clients using domains.