WPI 5.4 Official release

Hi MAVERICKS

thanks for reply

finally i got my mistake, take a look to this

testtg9.th.jpg

work fine with installed the pack (WinRAR and Jetaudio)

but no silent mode for RealPlayer I used {%wpipath%\Install\MULTIMEDIA\REAL.exe /SILENT /VERYSILENT}

now I'm working around how to find guide for Programs Source silent installation like {Office - Photoshop .etc}

can u link me to where to find this

thanks again

Something very stange happened ... I spent about 2-3 hours creating my WPI files ... checked the config.js script file to be sure that everything was there and then burned my disk ..... The install went perfectly until the point where the WPI interface came up ... When it came up there were no programs listed in the interface ... when I went into the disk and looked into the WPI folder I found that my config.js was simply an empty file.

I don't know what could have happened ... the files was there when I had finished setting up WPI ... all of the files are in the WPI Install folder .... just an empty config.js ... I made sure to save it as well ...

any thoughts ??

Great Job all WPI team I use WPI from some months and all was right, but in this time, I have a problem, I need to do a 2 cd install, kels put in forum cdswitch that have instructions to work with runonceex, guirunonce and xplode, but, How I can work with WPI? how this functions? WPI doesn't not generate error of I haven't disc right or what? thanks for your answers for this newbie...

okay ... i have reburned my disk and now have an actual config file ... however I have now run up against some other small problems ..

4 of my .msi programs will not install at all ... I have used the script generated by USSF in WPI and when WPI runs after first boot all I get with those 3 programs is the window that is generated by USSF telling me what switches I need to run for that type of installer .. the programs I am installing are: windows live msgr; partition magic 8; photoshop cs2 and Virtual PC ...

my adobe acrobat 6 install says error reading files ...

Combined Community Codec Pack and Flashplayer 8 both skip with big red crosses next to them ...

Ventrilo and Ventrilo Server both register inside WPI as WISE installers when USSF is used to generate the install switches but when WPI tries to actually install them during it's running the window comes up that identifies them as Windows Installers and refuses to complete the setup ...

anyone know what might be wrong ??

EDIT:

I have now found out that the ventrilo products use the switch /passive ... and partition magic I have been able to create a .iss file for ... but still can't get live msgr /acrobat6/virtualPC to install or create response files ... acrobat reader says "error bad command line"

also ... when using the execute after command ... can i execute more than one application using this command ?? and how do I force the final application to wait until EVERYTHING else has finished before beginning it's install sequence .... for example I wish to make my absolute final application to be my antivirus ... it is currently running as the sole éxecute after'app .... but it actually doesn't wait until all other apps have finished before beginning its install .. how can I fix this ??

thx

Edited by vampyrus

Great Job all WPI team I use WPI from some months and all was right, but in this time, I have a problem, I need to do a 2 cd install, kels put in forum cdswitch that have instructions to work with runonceex, guirunonce and xplode, but, How I can work with WPI? how this functions? WPI doesn't not generate error of I haven't disc right or what? thanks for your answers for this newbie...

I explained it in this post here.

Roland

• 2 weeks later...

When i set the audio , it looks for the music in WPI\Audio.

Tis way it plays from the CD/DVD.

During install the music often is mesed up.

How can i play the music files from HD, asuming the directory C:\Audio exists