WPI 5.4 Official release

In 5.4 , ShowMultiDefault=false; ShowExtraButtons=false; is automatic.

Thats great ,but...

I have 2 WPI folders on my DVD , one is for normaly install with Windows, and it autohides the buttons nicely.

The other is when i am already in Windows , and i put back in the dvd the autorun pops up my second WPI.

And i can choose the programs that i forgot to install or want to install later.

But cause thats when i am already in Windows it shows me the buttons again.

Is there a way to still remove this as you could with 5.3 ?

hi

great but i have 1 little "bug" which wasnt in 5.3

i added to framework the number 1 to java the number 2 and to ie7 the number 999

with wpi 5.3 all was fine it was installing first framework then java then the others and ie7 at the end

but with wpi 5.4 its installing ie7 at position 3!!! but it must be installed at the end else other setups like winamp comes up with errors.

and another thing:

if i extract my framwork addon (http://sereby.german-nlite.de/index.php?cat=addons#NETFW) and select that it should run the frmwrkinstall.exe (selfmade vb6 project which installs .net 1.1 and 2.0 and so on) its running fine but when i click the install button wpi thinks its finished and close all windows! but the app only start to install netfx 1.1

edit: not my app shouldnt close when i click install

Edited by Sereby

Kel,

I am new to your program and was just wondering if u could tell me something.

in your initial post above you make note that there is a need to add / or \ marks to the config.js file ... what / or \ marks do u mean ?

Maybe u could provide some sort of quick example or sumthing ??

thx muchly ...

also .... is there a way in which I can get WPI to insert my serial numbers for my programs that I have paid for so I don't have to do it myself later ?? would this be a registry entry or sumthing ??

thx again ...

Edited by vampyrus

Ok the whole backslash thing was for pre-existing config files.

As for having reg entries installed there is a full section on application installs in this forum that will tell much of what you need to know. If you still need help get ahold of me and I will help you as much as I can. I am pretty good at getting apps to install registered.

I checked the applications forum you mentioned and wasn't really able to find much that actually explains how to add information such as registration and serial details, maybe I just missed it, I am blind as a bat at the best of times. There was some mention of using .reg files to incorporate this information but how do I know just what to put in the .reg files and how do I go about actually entering this info into WPI.

I know that the nero silent install allows you to use a /serial=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx line in its silent install switches area. Is it possible to use this for other programs as well ??

The other question I have for you is this: I noticed that many apps that use a .msi installer also seem to have a .exe install file in there. Which file do I actually use when incorporating them into WPI and do I still need to have the other file in the install folder.

When I have finished incorporating all of my programs in WPI do I have to create a script of any kind to tell windows to run it?? or add a line to my existing runonceex file or anything ?? I use nlite to slimline my XP and then create my ISO once all my integration has been finished.

thx again ... all help is much appreciated ...

EDIT

Don't know what I'm doing wrong but all of a sudden WPI won't let me do anything ... After I input the first program I select the add button and nothing happens. When I try and save I get an error message saying: "could not save ./wpiscripts/config.js"

RE-EDIT

Problem fixed ... it seems that sumthing had gone wrong with my WPI so I downloaded it and started using a new copy and it's all working again.

Edited by vampyrus

I just wanted to notice that WPI 5.4 perfectly works on Windows Vista RC1 (german x64) for me!

I am working on how to start WPI.hta on first login, but after starting it manually all the WPI features seemed to work. Even the installation after reboot worked. Great work!!! :thumbup

Edited by Dynaletik

@vampyrus: There is not one method for registering applications that works for every application. Each one is different, but most of them should be in that Application Installs forum. Search for each application you need help with individually. You should be able to find some detailed instructions, including registration information, for most common applications. If not, post a new topic in that forum with the applications you need help with. Those guys should have it figured out in no time.

@Dynaletik: Good to hear about the Vista compatibility! :thumbup

To put it simply and honestly: that's the way it has always been. WPI has always done it this way, I don't like it so I added Execute Before and After to take care of my needs. The 999 was original, 999999 came later like in 4.4.

Hello {Kel}

I folllowed your steps one by one, but i can't get WPI working for me

and I don't know how to use 6 command , I try many things but no right way to have custom config of WPI

i got this when i run it from my harddisk and from Virtual ISO CD

1jv6.th.jpg

can anyone advise to me the easy way to config WPI

and how can I test it ?? and how can I make autorun cd to install my software without windows CD ??