WPI 5.4 Official release

Hi,

that looks very promising :-) The USSF feature is really neat, thanx al lot for that!

One thing seems a bit strange about the behaviour on my machine, you wrote you have builtin a feature to hide the configuration buttons when started from CD. That works almost to good for me, when testing it on my VMWare :blink: There only the installation button shows up, even when disconnecting the CD image, on my real machine it works fine as expected.

Maybe you could include some sort of overwrite switch for VMWare ?

Well, they are supposed to be removed when WPI is run from a CD/DVD. If you're like me though, and you want to run it from a hard drive or NAS, you'll have to modify the code. I guess the easiest way is to go to the wpi.htm file of your theme and look for the following section (or something similar).

I'll use Glossy as an example, this is at the very end of the file:

<script type="text/javascript">
document.all.ExtraButtons.style.display = hdd != "" ? 'block' : 'none';
</script>

Replace it with:

document.all.ExtraButtons.style.display = 'none';
// document.all.ExtraButtons.style.display = 'block';
</script>

Now whenever you want the buttons, just comment out the 'none' line and uncomment the 'block' line. Keep it the way it is for no buttons.

I think that they should have kept the option, and maybe this should be brought up in the wish list thread. I think a combination of the hdd method and the option method would be nice. We could have the hdd method supercede the option method if the install was not from the hdd, but then rely on the option method for when WPI is on the hdd (hope I'm making sense here).

edit: The toggle funcitionality will return to v5.5 http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=562689.

Edited by zorphnog

All mentioned in the 5.4 change log:

%reboot% Reboot immediately

%reboot% 10 Reboot after 10 seconds

%reboot% 15 -c "A message why" Reboot after 15 seconds and show a message

Put this in a config entry as one of the commands (cmd1-cmd6).

Edited by zorphnog

@ arabianhorse if you got that during the windows setup while it was running from runonceex we have experienced that issue also and are still trying to beat it.
Unfortunately, I'm having the same problems .. it can't find any of the tools in the Tools directory and you have to disable them by editing useroptions.js for WPI5.4 to work at all, when running from HD :blink:

Your 'Auto Detection' of CDROM drive or Hard Drive works except I have a small problem

I am running mine off of a 'Network' drive.

It took me a couple of minutes figure out why the buttons disappeared but I figured this must be the case.

My G: drive is real and works fine, the exact same config from my server mapped to R: (\\server\share) does not.

Edit:

using info from the guy a few rows up replacing the last few lines with this for the theme works

<!--<script type="text/javascript">
document.all.ExtraButtons.style.display = hdd != "" ? 'block' : 'none';
</script> -->

// document.all.ExtraButtons.style.display = 'none';
document.all.ExtraButtons.style.display = 'block';
</script>

Edited by acomputerwiz

I will put the Extra Buttons toggle back in, but probably not in the same manner it was. The beta testers had no complaints about it, so I assumed all was ok.

The media player in WPI's main window is gone. I took a poll and the majority agreed to drop it. I am trying to add features to make WPI more usable in the IT field, not just home users. Make it more "professional". Playing an MP3 at work would be frowned on, I am sure.

The latest archive says it is 5.5 because I sent Kels an update from the Las Vegas airport (free wi-fi is cool) from which I already changed the version. It was needed quick to get the wpipath bug taken care of.

I will put the Extra Buttons toggle back in, but probably not in the same manner it was. The beta testers had no complaints about it, so I assumed all was ok.

The media player in WPI's main window is gone. I took a poll and the majority agreed to drop it. I am trying to add features to make WPI more usable in the IT field, not just home users. Make it more "professional". Playing an MP3 at work would be frowned on, I am sure.

The latest archive says it is 5.5 because I sent Kels an update from the Las Vegas airport (free wi-fi is cool) from which I already changed the version. It was needed quick to get the wpipath bug taken care of.

Why no option to switch it on or of , and put it of by default?

So the people who dont want the media player can leave it of.