Serial number on install

I'm needs some help/advise.

I'm trying to get Acronis True Image to get installed from my xp cd, but I don't know how to install the serial number for it during the install, it ask for a few other things during the install also. Matter of fact I don't know how to do any of it, I've read some faq's but al are confusing to me. Can someone please help me>

I don't think thats what I'm looking for , I'm just trying to install my third party software when I install my windows , just trying to get it installed from windows cd at the time windows is installed, WPI puts a selecton dialog up before the install. mine isn't that sophisticated, I wouldn't think

The principles of installing the application are the same whether you are installing from WPI or a XP CD. With either method you need to be able to install the application without any user input (otherwise known as a silent install). The link I posted is a guide on how to perform a silent install of Acronis true image.

I guess the better question is are you trying to install this before windows is installed as a way to partition your drive? Or after windows has installed?

I assume you mean after windows has installed, and I understand you don't want to use WPI to install it, which is fine (I wouldn't use it for just one app either). The solution is a RunOnceEx.cmd file. In this file you put the silent install command that was in the link I previously posted.

I'm not gonna go into the whole system of RunOnceEx as there is already this wonderful unattended guide on msfn. I would strongly suggest reading the entire unattended guide, but if you just want the RunOnceEx stuff it is here.

The principles of installing the application are the same whether you are installing from WPI or a XP CD. With either method you need to be able to install the application without any user input (otherwise known as a silent install). The link I posted is a guide on how to perform a silent install of Acronis true image.

I guess the better question is are you trying to install this before windows is installed as a way to partition your drive? Or after windows has installed?

I assume you mean after windows has installed, and I understand you don't want to use WPI to install it, which is fine (I wouldn't use it for just one app either). The solution is a RunOnceEx.cmd file. In this file you put the silent install command that was in the link I previously posted.

I'm not gonna go into the whole system of RunOnceEx as there is already this wonderful unattended guide on msfn. I would strongly suggest reading the entire unattended guide, but if you just want the RunOnceEx stuff it is here.

I understand what your saying, but I am a dummie with this, I have read a lot of the instructions, but I have not found a step by step instructions that a layman can understand, I have no idea where file/s go, e.g.

my intent is to install all my third pary software when I install my windows xp, I find installing after is to time intent so I thought I would just have them installed when windows got installed.

Edited by BarNone

As I said before, the best thing to do is to read through the unattended guide. This is a step-by-step guide that explains everything you need to know. Now actually reading and following the guide will probably take you several days, but that is the best way to learn.

Just use the menu on the top left of to navigate through the different sections starting with the Beginning Users. If you follow this guide you will understand how to do what you are trying to do. The guide is written in laymans terms. As long as you start from the beginning there shouldn't be anything that confuses you.

I cannot learn it for you. This is the best advice I have.

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/1/

As I said before, the best thing to do is to read through the unattended guide. This is a step-by-step guide that explains everything you need to know. Now actually reading and following the guide will probably take you several days, but that is the best way to learn.

Just use the menu on the top left of to navigate through the different sections starting with the Beginning Users. If you follow this guide you will understand how to do what you are trying to do. The guide is written in laymans terms. As long as you start from the beginning there shouldn't be anything that confuses you.

I cannot learn it for you. This is the best advice I have.

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/1/

Thanks zorphnog, by playing around with runoncecmd, I was able to finally get something to install, I appreciate your help bud.