Luna Royale and Vistaluna

Pgase

Pgase, can the start menu (just the start menu) from Vistaluna be used in Luna Royale?

I like Luna Royale and especially the orb that fits perfectly the taskbar. I wouldn't change that at all. But I also like the work you did on the Vistaluna's start menu. That's why I was wondering if it would possible to use Vistaluna's start menu in Luna Royale.

Thanks.

Edited by SU1010

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Pgase,

Love your Luna Royale Black theme, but it seems to be having trouble on my system! Periodically, the first section of the start menu will go black, and I have to move my mouse over the item to get the writing. To fix it, I go into start menu properties, apply the classic start menu, then reapply the new one and it goes away!. It seems to happen at random, but also if I change something on the start menu too (i.e add or remove my computer, search, run etc...). Is this a known issue or is something up with my pc? I've attached a couple of screenshots for you.

Keep up the good work mate!

Dawson

post-145972-1183978968_thumb.jpg

post-145972-1183978978_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Just installed XPize 4.7 beta on my XP Pro computer. And am using Luna Royale. Very nice

Just one nit. The toolstrip buttons do not seem to have the same 3D look as regular form buttons. Or maybe they do and it is more subtle than regular form buttons. In the screen shot below, you can see the toolstrip with File--New--Open--etc. , the bottom of the tool strip fades into the color of the background panel. So you cannot see the bottom of the toolstrip. Regular buttons like the OK/Cancel buttons are outlined so their bottom edge is well defined.

Like I said it's a nit. I love the Luna look.

Screen capture attached.

Great piece of work. Thanks .

~ John

post-148227-1185556270_thumb.png

Hi,

I found one other nit item that might be worth looking at in a future release of Luna Royale. When a menu item is checked , it gets highlighted with dark blue background. The check mark itself is black and hard to see. So the checkmark would be more visible in a light color (ex white). See attached screen capture.

Using XPize 4.7 beta on my XP Pro computer. This is a .Net framework 2.0 app if that matters.

Again, thanks for the great product.

Regards, John

post-148227-1185575615_thumb.png

Hi Pgase,

For your consideration...

I found another wish list item for a future release. On a Tabbed panel, the selected Tab is highlighted white. With the Silver Windows XP style, the tip of the Tab is colored as a more prominent visual that the tab is selected (orange in the screen grab below). Might be a nice touch to add a hint of blue color to the selected tab.

Did I say nice job? I love this Royale theme. Who needs Vista now? ;-)

~ John

post-148227-1185620781_thumb.png

Pgase,

Probably my last comment on the Royale theme (b/c I don't want to become a nudge -- if I am not already). The progress bar indicator, although nice, it seems a little out of place to the rest of the theme. It doesn't seem to have the 'glass' look of the other controls. Maybe it has too much yellow or needs more opacity. My own preference would be a green glass look with no yellow -- but I'm not a graphics designer so it's hard to articulate. Pasted a screen grab below along with the standard XP progress bar as comparison.

Btw, i really like to look of the clear glass trackbar handles -- cudos on those.

Looking forward to the next release.

Thanks.

post-148227-1185643938_thumb.png

Pgase,

Thanks for the explanation. You are right. When I compare Luna Royale with the standard XP themes, they do look "PlaySkoolish". Sorry to hear you will not be extending these themes in the future, was hoping for some color themes beyond the Blue and Black. ;) But I am sure you have new, more exciting projects underway.

Thanks again for this great theme. :thumbup