New Rig

Shadowarez

Here is a list of what im looking into buying i need to know what ya guys think as thsi is only a temp rig till theirs better AM2/DX 10 cards out,

1,Video 2X XFX GeForce 7900 GS XT 256MB

2,Fortron FSP Booster X3 300W Power Supply Booster

3,Mushkin Redline XP PC4000 2GB

4,Enermax Galaxy 1000W Power Supply

what do you guys think? i have the $$$$ to spendo nthis my current rig is using a 6200 TB pci-e vid (BFG Blew it) i will never use bfg again, and for psu it was a temp 440 true pwer TT, and 1 gig of somethign called BYOC mem from local retailer, and a amd opty 165 havent oced waiting on ram,

not not becuase it has the bigget # of them all come on. i have a old sys that has a enermax 350 and amd 1800 + its running at 2.6ghz with that psu, so i trust enermax in ocing, and i know its overkill but i do plan on going Quad SLi and phyix once the prices come down,

Edited by Shadowarez

those are great choises and iv been looking into either the ernemax liberty 620 or the ocz 700, but both seem to have little probs like the liberty serisand a magnectic clicking when it shuts off or turns on, and the ocz 700 watt seems to be going through a bunch of faulty psu fans form what ppl are say at ncix, thats were i go to buy my gear,

i know its a waste but i was hoping it would be a nice psu for DX 10/am2 and the upcomming quad core cpus, considering i will never try water cooling cept maybe the freezone cpu cooler ($390) still too much but its a sdafe water cooling im too nuubish to try a water colling solution form koolance id prob screw up and fry my board,

review from new egg customers

Pros: lots of power, SLI support, Modular Cabling owns...

Cons: Good for makeing Campfires, the first one I had died after a month takeing my cpu and mobo with it, and the second died after 5 months. Im never buying Enermax AGIAN

Other Thoughts: Buy it if you wanna fry all the components in your pc

Pros: Nice modular cables....

Cons: PSU fried after a week of working great...and took my mobo with it. No pop, no smoke...went to boot up my pc one morning and it wouldn't post. Pain in the neck troubleshooting it since both the PSU a nd Mobo were fried.

Edited by Shadowarez

He's probably not going to do any OCing, he probably just wants it because it has the biggest number of them all.
If you really want to show off the maximum wattage of your PSU, there are 1200+ watt server PSUs...

lol i dont wanna show off my pus wattage, all i wanted were honest opinions from you guys as you prob have better xp wit these psu's. all i really wanted from 1000w psu was stability, not braggin rights, i figured since the old enermax i have oc's so well why not stick wit em and go with their highend psu,

when i bought the 350 it cost me $95 with the Lian-Li PC 70usb case total was like $480, so i thought id trust enermax for quality wityh the galaxy series as the liberty seems to have a 10% failure rate on new egg,

350 bucks... I can build a whole d*mn system from it :P... ...

... ... :blink: ...

Any way, those "new" power supplies with 5! 12V lanes are cool but so expensive, there are pure quality though. The 1000W version is just a show-off, the 850 would do the same and more then enough for EVERY system, even for 4 4-cored CPUs, 4 cards in SLI, 5 HDDs and some DVD burners :P. OCing will not make the system THAT much hungry, make it an other 10% or so. If the 620Watt Enermax didn’t had bad reviews I would say go for that one, but I’m wondering why people have problems with it; Almost sure they didn’t split the lines well on the devices!

Any way, it’s your choice ;).

(Going to check what that "Fortron FSP Booster X3 300W Power Supply Booster" is, never saw it before...)

EDIT: I needed 10 seconds for that to see that THAT thing doesn´t give you any performance but it will make you wallet lighter so YOU can run faster :D ...

Edited by puntoMX