ontrack diskmanager

dirtwarrior

You could try to use vfd (which can emulate a virtual floppy disk) to create a floppy disk image. Then just burn it making a bootcd with nero (you're allowed to choose a floppy disk as boot). If vfd doesn't work on your system, you can use a real floppy then make and image with winimage (for example). Also if the cdrom doesn't boot using the previous method then you should use a cdrom bootloader like boot cd wizard or cdshell.

Are you trying to create your own custom boot CD or just have one that will allow you to diagnose hardware?

Ultimate Boot CD 3.4

GeekSquad Boot CD

Reatogo Builder

... 3 good ones right there.

I have used ultimate boot cd but the other 2 I cant find much info on. Can the geek squad cd be bought at best buy? If so how much?

A PC without a FD is like a new car with NO spare tire. It sort of leaves you hung out to dry.

Not a good situation.

If your PC, windows and Nero see the USB drive as A:, then you're OK. Otherwise you're just out $30.

your mobo will NOT see it as an A: drive however. At least most mobo's won't.

If you buy the USB floppy at a major supply store, like Wal-Mart or Staples, and it doesn't work for you, well, you can always take it back and get a refund.

I liked my one little FD so much I installed a second one (just to keep him company). ;)

Now he don't get lonely any more. :wub:

I still install FD's for many of my customers who have a case that will take one, but none installed. For those who want a FD, but have no place to put one in their case, the USB floppy fills the bill nicely. Yeah, it's $30 compared to $10 for an internal FD. So if you have an open 3.5" drive bay, go for the internal model.

Maybe you have a friend with a FD and Nero that could make the CD for you? If you were here, I'd do it for you myself. It would only take a few minutes.

If I had the Diskmangler CD, I could make the boot CD, create an .iso file off'n it and put it on my download site where you could download it and then burn your own CD. But alas, I don't have the DM CD.

Sorry!

Andromeda43

PS: Someone will come up with a solution for you. They always do.

A PC without a FD is like a new car with NO spare tire. It sort of leaves you hung out to dry.

Not a good situation.

I don't agree with that at all. Neither of our systems here at home have floppy drives and we never have any need for one. You can download a boot CD and burn it as easily as making a floppy these days.

DirtWarrior, what is the purpose for the BootCD you want?

Well, I'd sure not use Diskmangler! :no:

There's much better ways, and more versatile ways too. :thumbup

;)

Here is another example, Andro. You mention there are better ways, yet you fail to specify what they are. That's what I was referring to in the order thread. A lack of information. Not flaming you, just letting you know, whether you do it intentionally or not. :hello:

Not a good situation.

I don't agree with that at all. Neither of our systems here at home have floppy drives and we never have any need for one. You can download a boot CD and burn it as easily as making a floppy these days.

DirtWarrior, what is the purpose for the BootCD you want?

If your mobo supports USB mass storage / HDD emulation, all is well without a floppy - you can use a USB drive instead. However SATA and RAID drivers seem to still come on floppies...