Windows xp switch user

mwevi

I have aproblem whenever i try to swith to another user on Windows XP it starts to swith then the screen switches off it comes back on and then it says Signnal Over Range and i can't see anything at all so i have to restart my computer.

just an idea, mind you, but it seems like you have a bad screen resolution/setting/frequency range for the "other" user.

You can try logging directly with the "other" user credentials and temporarily set the display as VGA 640x480 16 colours ....

jaclaz

just an idea, mind you, but it seems like you have a bad screen resolution/setting/frequency range for the "other" user.

You can try logging directly with the "other" user credentials and temporarily set the display as VGA 640x480 16 colours ....

jaclaz

:blushing:

That would put most new computers "Out of Range" instantly.

Because many new vid cards and flat panel monitors won't even go that low.

Heck.....I've seen new computers that won't even go down to 800x600.

(1024x768 is the bare minimum.)

Getting into that user via safe mode and resetting the screen resolution to the same as you have set on other users (whatever that is) should solve the problem.

Good Luck and Happy Computing :thumbup

Andromeda43 B)

Just hang on, I don't think Windows XP lets you set different screen resolution or freq for different users, because some users actually want to do this and find they cannot. These are per computer settings.

So something else is going on.

Just hang on, I don't think Windows XP lets you set different screen resolution or freq for different users, because some users actually want to do this and find they cannot. These are per computer settings.

So something else is going on.

Thats right.

And he should check Fast User Switching service, maybe its disabled.