Vista RC1: worth to install it?

Orsi

hey there, I just got Windows Vista RC1 and I'm wondering if it's worth to install it, if I'll be able to use my full internet speed, watch videos and do my 3D work

what you guys say?

i am very satisfied with RC1. i realize that there will be some improvements but i dont plan to ever go back to XP and RC1 is much better than any of the previous beta's. speed and reliability is excellent. i have not had a single problem and almost all the software i need has worked.

i found this list helpful even though it is a little dated.

I'm running RC1 and absolutely love it. I'm running a 2.8 Northwood with 1GB DDR and a ATI9800Pro and the speed is superb.

Things I don't like so far: I had problems with IE7 displaying overlapping text while scrolling, but I am a Firefox user anyway, and only used IE7 to download FF. I also don't like the redundant security dialog boxes. A dialog will pop up stating that an executable is being blocked, then another dialog box will pop up asking how to deal with the problem, and a third box will pop up asking for the Admin password. Ugh. These kinds of alerts really need to be consolidated into a single dialog.

hey there, I just got Windows Vista RC1 and I'm wondering if it's worth to install it, if I'll be able to use my full internet speed, watch videos and do my 3D work

what you guys say?

everyone should install vista weither it works or not. the more poeple who install it and find problems and report them (yes report them!! and to MS not just a forums someplace) the better chance we get of having those bugs taken care of by the time RTM happens.

Running pre release Windows versions is like going on a pub crawl with your mates. You know you are in for grief. RC1 is a whole lot better than Beta 2 as far as reliability is concerned, but I wouldn't use it for doing any important work on . If you have any out of the ordinary or later type devices , don't expect driver support either. For general non critical usage its seems fine, although I have encountered a few IE glitches so far.

Take the plunge and blast into MS oblivion. :P