Windows XP freezes at startup.

tarrant64

My unattended installation works fine for the Dell D620 laptops I have but I am having problems with Optiplex GX620's that I have.

When using the Unattended install after setup completes it goes to boot and freezes about 3-4 seconds in. I can, however, boot up into safe mode and everything seems to run fine there. When it's showing all the drivers loading going into safe mode it stops at MUP.sys and then immediately goes to the login screen.

Has there been anyone else with this problem that has a quick fix? I have found a couple other forums with quite literally 1000+ responses to this issue, but I wanted to narrow it down to a problem with nlite.

System specs:

Intel Pentium D processor(3.2ghz?)

2gb ram

160gb hard drive

Pretty much decent setup. It came shipped with XP-64 bit and honestly that one worked when I did the unattended install. However the software we needed to use wasn't compatible so I'm stuck trying to go back to Windows 32-bit.

So is there a driver I may be missing that I need to implement into the 32-bit version?

Thanks!

The sooner I get a response to this or a discussion going the better. I'm about 3 weeks overdue. I'm just a full-time student though attempting to cram in 20 hours a week so i run into the problem of not being able to work continously for 8 hours a day. I'd pass on the work to a full-time worker but I'm about 80% through the unattended setup and I'm the only one working on it. I just need the darn thing to boot. Then I'm golden.