confused with names

colore

hello

during normal windows xp installation, it asks two times to give a name

in both those times, you are not allowed to use some specific names, eg Administrator, User etc

can you tell me please,

1)what do we name in each of the above times? the computer? the default administrator account? our own account with administrative rights?

2)what are the restrictions in each time? (I dont remember them)

3)how do we specify the above names in nlite?

thanks

The first name you are prompted for is the computer's name (e.g. as seen on a network).

The other one is the name of the first user to be set in the usual "Microsoft philosophy". This user (the first one) has administrator rights and is the one you are supposed to work with at first. This account is created in order to NOT use the "ADMINISTRATOR" account as default account. That "administrator" user was automatically created during setup aswell as the "GUEST" account. So you cannot use "administrator" as 1st user as it already exists.

I cannot remember the computer's name restrictions.

nLite enables you to rename the "administrator" account (in the tweaks section I believe) and to work with it without having to create an other account (so it doesn't ask you for a user's name).

I think Computer name is entered in the "unattended" section. There is no way you can miss those.