How many Operating Systems Do You Boot

awergh

How many Operating Systems Do You Boot  

152 members have voted

1. 1. How many Operating Systems Do You Boot?

• Just the one
    • 10-20
    • 21-30
    • 40+

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Windows ME, and only Windows ME. Everything else sucks.

That would be me, but I dual boot Windows Me and Crunchbang Linux (separate hardrives of course). I only use Crunchbang to get Malwarebytes for extra-protection :thumbup .

howdy Flasche

I also boot, well, they're already booted by the time I get there, the Windows 7 computers at the public library! Sometimes I do need to use modern equipment... but then I'm quickly reminded of why I still prefer Windows ME LOL!

I have an newer Ubuntu computer sitting in my closet. I've used it one time. I should probably just bite the bullet and put Windows 8 on it. Ah heck, I'll just wait until Windows 9 comes out :-)

It'll be shock and awe, indeed.

P.S. I bet I'll keep using Windows ME anyway.

Edited by LostInSpace2012

howdy Flasche

I also boot, well, they're already booted by the time I get there, the Windows 7 computers at the public library! Sometimes I do need to use modern equipment... but then I'm quickly reminded of why I still prefer Windows ME LOL!

I have an newer Ubuntu computer sitting in my closet. I've used it one time. I should probably just bite the bullet and put Windows 8 on it. Ah heck, I'll just wait until Windows 9 comes out :-)

It'll be shock and awe, indeed.

P.S. I bet I'll keep using Windows ME anyway.

Windows Me was/is the fastest OS I have ever tried or used. I remember how when I first tried using it as a VM because I did not want that "beta" os on my computer or even near my windows 98 :realmad: ! I was shocked to see that with the same exact settings, and same web browser that windows Me outclassed it in speed. Heck it surfed the web faster than the Host machine did, which was at the time windows 7. I then updated the little bugger with the unofficial windows me SP and kernelEx. I liked it so much I removed 98 from my second main computer, which had 98 on it for almost 10 years!!! just to put Me on :wub: . I love 98 but Me is much better :D. As for windows 9 I cant see M$ pulling away from their Win8 disaster and they will somehow sneak metro into it.

It's like the perfect, happy, forgotten Operating System.

Windows ME was sandwiched between the unstable Windows 95/98 -- which gave the user too much ability to mess up his own system -- and the "We Will Do Everything For You Whether You Like It Or Not" concept of Windows XP.

It also seems to be teetering between two worlds, but with access to both. It's like the gateway between the old and new worlds... I'm sounding philosophical now! You can run any old DOS or Windows 3.1 programs, plus there are tons of newer things that still run on ME. And, with KernelEx, you can install some XP-only software.

Windows ME is like no other system. I really wish they would've continued to do bug-fixes and patches for it.

Can you imagine Windows ME receiving the same amount of hoopla concerning it's End of Life as XP got? They came out less than a year apart though!

Back when it reached it's end of life... it was like, oh remember Windows ME, yeah, it's support is over. But nobody uses it anyway so who cares. It was a non-issue.

Edited by LostInSpace2012

It's like the perfect, happy, forgotten Operating System.

Windows ME was sandwiched between the unstable Windows 95/98 -- which gave the user too much ability to mess up his own system -- and the "We Will Do Everything For You Whether You Like It Or Not" concept of Windows XP.

It also seems to be teetering between two worlds, but with access to both. It's like the gateway between the old and new worlds... I'm sounding philosophical now! You can run any old DOS or Windows 3.1 programs, plus there are tons of newer things that still run on ME. And, with KernelEx, you can install some XP-only software.

Windows ME is like no other system. I really wish they would've continued to do bug-fixes and patches for it.

Can you imagine Windows ME receiving the same amount of hoopla concerning it's End of Life as XP got? They came out less than a year apart though!

Back when it reached it's end of life... it was like, oh remember Windows ME, yeah, it's support is over. But nobody uses it anyway so who cares. It was a non-issue.

That is why I consider Windows Me a modern OS. It's shear functionality today nearly 14 years later is dumbfound. What baffles me more is that programs still come out for it. I also see the windows 9x community similar to the Linux community ...

I never had issues with it and I never had an issue with searching a modern web (opera 12.02 and firefox 3.6.28). To me its just like an everyday os. Why should I pay money to get a new os like windows8 *shudders* that is full of integrated spyware so M$ can spy my every move. I find the win9x community very similar to Linux. We as Linux users try to break away from closed source programs, and use freeware, while 9x depends on it for we were abandoned. Linux uses Wine to run Windows/Dos programs, Win 9x uses KernelEx to run modern Windows programs. Both are also not emulators wink.png .

That quote is a reply from me on the crunchbang forums when I replied to them that I use windows Me.

Someday I hope for an OS to come out based off of Win 9x that will be compatible with modern windows apps. Till then I'm a refugee with Win Me and Vista as my OS's of choice.

Edited by Flasche

I wish I could say W98SE but due to the lack of privacy, with the current trending of the brainwashed, racist, unrighteous, degrading, discriminative, unjust, below the belt, and abuse of the law, not including but limited to the individuals who enforce the law, I am unable to. The correct answer would be non of your business.

I mostly boot Intel based operating systems. I have an AMD board but it needs repair, and the PPC is just too slow for any real action, when dealing with exHD content. I mean I could utilize a PPC based OS, but only with converting files. Nothing too flashy. Right now my intel machines are like beasts right now. Cheap beasts, but if the programming support was their I would be using my PPC computers.

over the duration of my life I would have to say

DOS

Windows 95

Windows 98

Windows 98SE

Windows 98SE Usp

Windows ME

Windows 2000

Windows XP

OSX 3

OSX 4

UNIX

OSX 5

OSX 6

Linux Whatever

Windows Vista

Windows 7

Windows 8

Win98 international 5gig+ would be the ultimate answer. But otherwise.......

Edited by ROTS

• 8 years later...