no samurize on vista

Sesshoumaru

Any softthat works on vista and does something similar to samurize ?

i dont even know something similar to samurize for XP, so my hopes ar down

i need samurizeLIKE software, cause i have a custom made case, with 2 psone lcds pluged to an extra VGA, and i dont want them to be doing nothing

i still have xp on a secondary parttion , and thats what im using now, but vista is SO nice

besides that, i wanted to ask how or where was the control for mic volume, and for muting (and maybe mic boost too).

i found mic boost under recording, but my mic is active all the time, and people on TS say my volume is to low (i knew how to change that on xp, either on windows sound controls, or nvidias nvmixer, but vista has really diferent options, and no nvmixer )

1 more i just thought of:

in xp, after installing windows, i had to tell it that "my documents"folder (with my music, my videos, my pictures, and many more things inside it) was in another place. i did it by rightclicking on my documents on the start menu, properties, and MOVE.

on vista, i could do that separately, for my music and my pictures, but the same properties option was not present on my docs (or some other folder i might have misnamed here).

is there a way of telling vista that my documents folder is in another placE ?

Edited by Sesshoumaru

• 2 weeks later...
Right click on Documents > Properties > Location > Move >...

read my question again or ask for a better explanation of my problem if you dont understand, thx.

i tryed litestep on XP to see what it was, i was more or less scared by it changing my theme shell and who knows what more it did (i couldnt click on my desktop XD)

i definitly dont want vista to be changed that way :P (litestep seem to be really diferent from samurize )

in xp, after installing windows, i had to tell it that "my documents"folder (with my music, my videos, my pictures, and many more things inside it) was in another place. i did it by rightclicking on my documents on the start menu, properties, and MOVE.

on vista, i could do that separately, for my music and my pictures, but the same properties option was not present on my docs (or some other folder i might have misnamed here).

read my question again or ask for a better explanation of my problem if you dont understand, thx.

Maybe you should read your question again... ;)

Maybe you should read your question again... ;)

whats normally INSIDE "my documents" (not documents) folder in windows this days ? besides the random stuff that one may put in there, there are some default folders "my music" and "my pictures".

in vista i have to manually tell windows that my docs, my music AND my pictures are in a diferent place, in XP i only needed to do that for my docs and it relocated everytihng that was inside of it.

• 1 month later...

The only way to change the locations all at once is to modify the unattend.xml file that is used by the setup.

You can change it, save it to a USB stick and insert the stick when you launch setup. It will be automatically taken in place of the default one.