How to change office 2003 volume license serial

dosworld

open the registryeditor and go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Registration\{90110407-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}

now delete ProductID and DigitalProductID. After starting one office product you have to enter the new SN ;)

but is is better to buy a new licence instead of generating new keys and hope that they work until next Update of OGA ;)

thanks,

@MagicAndre1981, i finally got a ligit serial, thats why i want to change it...

also, does anyone know how to change the serial on an admin install, i am too lazy to make them again (i dont wanna look for my old cds :-])

• 3 months later...

Is it possible to use a retail or oem serial number in a coporate copy? I have wondered... but I have never tried it.

Yes Siginet!, you can install the office 2003 package with an OEM/Corp serial regardless. The office distribution seems to be a common soft of all kinds. Personally, I was able to install corp version of office with a oem key and of course I needed to activate. But If any one can answer how to reinstall office againg without having to activate ? What is the wpa.dbl equivalent in office ?

By the way, Siginet, your softwares are grand. :rolleyes:

• 7 months later...
open the registryeditor and go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Registration\{90110407-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}

now delete ProductID and DigitalProductID. After starting one office product you have to enter the new SN ;)

but is is better to buy a new licence instead of generating new keys and hope that they work until next Update of OGA ;)

Thanks Andre, i got fed up looking for new ways to sort this out, so went and bought a legal copy, but didnt know how to enter legit serial, until i found your pst

Thanks very much :)

• 6 months later...

Sorry to revive such an old topic, but I tried the method described.

I'm holding in my hand a never used Dell CD with Product Key for MS Office Pro.

I exported the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Registration\{90110407-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9} part of the registry JUST IN CASE....good thing I did.

I deleted both the ProductID and DigitalProductID keys, started Excel, it asked for my Product Key, I entered it, checked 5 times to make sure that I didn't confuse an 8 with a B and vice versa, and it said the key was invalid....

Thankfully I still had the exported part and was able to restore it.

Any ideas what gives?