temp sensor wires

wickerwolf

well the sensore needs to go between the cpu/gpu and its heatsink... so have fun with that. but just to let you know, this may cause higher temps since the sensor causes the heatsink to not be completely flat against the cpu/gpu.

lol stupid sensors, if possible i want to avoid removing the heatsinks, at the moment the gpu sensor is turned of for now and the cpu sensor is above the heat sink with the end shoved between the grill on the heatsink but its not doin much good

all processors have an elevated center chip. just get your wire level with it, so it doesn't disrupt too much.

by looking at a picture of it, and knowing what a processor looks like [having several on my desk] i think that it should fit next to the center on the processor itself, and the heatsync would rest on top of it, and there should be a good amount of contact.

but as ripken said, it may make the heatsync uneven, which defeats the purpose.

well, yes and no

that would give you a heatsync temp, not a CPU temp though, no matter where it is on the heatsync, it will always be cooler because the aluminum spreads out the heat.

also aluminum doesn't heat up as fast or to the same temperature as plastic or other metals.

thermal grease wouldnt really do it.

note: reading the manuals will say that you should NOT put it between the heatsink and CPU/GPU, thats wat it said in mine anyways.

But hey, could just be them being over protective.

You could just put it as low on the heatsink as possible.