how to input chinese character in win98

jimmytan

Hi I am using a win98 system and have tried several ways to install chinese inout method and language. But all turn up to be not effective. I can't select keyboard input method even after installing ie3lpktw.exe, ie3lpkcn.exe, tcmondo.exe, scmondo.exe and windows-kb890830-v1.14.exe. Wonder if any of you are able to help

Hi I am using a win98 system and have tried several ways to install chinese inout method and language. But all turn up to be not effective. I can't select keyboard input method even after installing ie3lpktw.exe, ie3lpkcn.exe, tcmondo.exe, scmondo.exe and windows-kb890830-v1.14.exe. Wonder if any of you are able to help

Here are a few links to get you started. I studied Mandarin last fall and needed to be able to input Simplified Chinese in Word 97. The information and downloads on the pages below helped me be able to do that.

Install Microsoft Global IME 5.02 for 32-bit Windows, downloadable from http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie6/do...me/install.mspx

http://www.mandarintools.com

http://chinalinks.osu.edu/c-links2.htm

ivman

Thanks Ivman

I have tried that but all system is working fine except that I am unable set the keyboard to input chinese characters. Normal when we select 'control panel' and select keyboard, there is an option for 'language' and we could add other languages ( eg. chinese ) in and with option on the keypad we could switch between the 2 languages. Also I am only able to see chinese languages in web-site or emails, but unable to set the menu item to chinese.

Thanks Ivman

I have tried that but all system is working fine except that I am unable set the keyboard to input chinese characters. Normal when we select 'control panel' and select keyboard, there is an option for 'language' and we could add other languages ( eg. chinese ) in and with option on the keypad we could switch between the 2 languages. Also I am only able to see chinese languages in web-site or emails, but unable to set the menu item to chinese.

Have you tried hitting Ctrl+Shift ?

ivman

Hi Ivman

Have tried that but no response. Even if I checked on "add program" tablet, it showed that both simplified and traditional chinese is loaded but I just can't activate the keys.

Have you tried NJStar Communicator?

I used it on Windows XP to check correct working of Chinese and Japanese translations of Nero 7 Lite :)