Can't install RC1 on a NVRaid (A8N-SLI)

shortie

Hi all,

I wouldlike to install Vista RC1 (32bit) on a NVRAID on an Asus A8N-SLI, but it simply doens't show me any available drives.......:-(

I tried the latest beta driver from Nvidia (RC1 from September) and also the original drivers from the ASUS drvier cd. After loading the drivers, setup doesn't show me any drives...

Any idea???

my Hardware

ASUS A8N-SLI

4GB RAM

2*160GB HDD attached to the nvraid controller

Geforce FX 3500

NEC 3500

Toshiba DVD-ROM

nVidia has a few Vista drivers on their site, I recommend checking there to see if they have drivers for you main board....

There will be a few devices for which you wont be able to fid drivers, I've got an Asus A8N-E and there's one driver that I'll never be able to fins as it gets installed when you insert the Asus CD, which i s not a Vista compatible driver....

Hi , according to the readme certain nforce4 RAID Arrays arent supported by the current RC1 driver available from nvidia.com.

The Beta 2 driver also had this problem :(

I thought nvidia would have got there act together and include all the drivers on the vista dvd.

BTW I can confirm it works fine when installed on normal harddisk drive on Asus A8N-SLI.

Regards

bs0d.

I am running Vista RC1 on an ASUS A8N SLI Premium Raid 0 array by using the nvidia beta 2 drivers.

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_download...betadriver.html

The nvidia drivers released a few days ago do not work.

The way to do it is like so:

1) Install a basic Windows XP on your c: and boot into it

2) Copy the sources directory of vista into d:\sources

3) run vista's setup.exe

4) When it asks for the drive to install, select load drivers and browse to the nvidia beta 2 drivers.

5) There should be 4 devices in the list. Select ALL the devices in the list

6) continue with the installation

the original install will be moved into windows.old and you can delete it.

Hi,

acording to the nforce_rc1_x64 install.pdf raid is supported

i quote:

"if installing with RAID, you must copy the contentes of IDE\drivers\sataraid directory onto root directoy of driver cd,dvd,usb drive....."

Board: A8N32-SLI Deluxe (wd360 raptor raid0)

So I copied the drivers onto my usb-stick, and i can also load the drivers, but it doesn't show me any drives... strange...

I am running Vista RC1 on an ASUS A8N SLI Premium Raid 0 array by using the nvidia beta 2 drivers.

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_download...betadriver.html

The nvidia drivers released a few days ago do not work.

The way to do it is like so:

1) Install a basic Windows XP on your c: and boot into it

2) Copy the sources directory of vista into d:\sources

3) run vista's setup.exe

4) When it asks for the drive to install, select load drivers and browse to the nvidia beta 2 drivers.

5) There should be 4 devices in the list. Select ALL the devices in the list

6) continue with the installation

the original install will be moved into windows.old and you can delete it.

But this method is not a clean install, it is just an update from xp to vista, am i right ?

• 2 weeks later...

It's a disgrace that nVidia can't get their arses into gear to support the Vista release.

After the problems I've had with nVidia hardware I've decided that next time I'm not having anything nVidia in any system I build.

:realmad::realmad:

I wouldn't mind, but this was going to be the first time I saw Vista. I've spent all weekend trying to get it running!

It's a disgrace that nVidia can't get their arses into gear to support the Vista release.

After the problems I've had with nVidia hardware I've decided that next time I'm not having anything nVidia in any system I build.

:realmad::realmad:

I wouldn't mind, but this was going to be the first time I saw Vista. I've spent all weekend trying to get it running!

Completely agreed

My next motherboard & graphics card will not going to be an nVidia

I'm sick an tired of their support

Edited by BelowSky

Hi all,

beside the various ways of installing vista on an nforce4 raid 0, like installing win xp, start vista setup from their, I can inform you and insure that the latest build which was released to the public (5728) supports the installation on nforce4 raid 0 by default.

So no need to worry any more.

Kind regards shortie

Edited by shortie

• 4 weeks later...

I installed Vista x64 RC2 on this machine 165 Opteron, Leadtek 7800GT, A8N32-SLI Deluxe, 2gig corsair 3200 ram, 4x36gig raptors in raid0. NO Over Clock as well

It clean installed with NO drama's what so ever and it recognised the raid array straight off and installed onto that array natively(no added drivers)

On this machine Vista x64 is so much better then Vista x86 which is what I had installed before.

About the main thing is the video drivers from NV still need a fair bit of work.

Games have tearing in them. XP doesnt

Nero instals but doesnt work. Could be something withhow bloated Nero is now.

Ashampoo Burning Studio 5 does. So .......