Two or three CMD windows jump up after entering desktop when first run

nOoooob

arr why are you editing the nlite.inf file for ...

ok .. the 2 or 3 cmd windows jumping up at start is nothing

half a sencond at most of times it takes to show them and they to go away :)

personaly i dont think there is no need to edit them out

Thanks ZcWorld:)

It's now all about the "advanced INF error"... when u are logging on with a restricted account(guest), the "CMD JUMP-UP" is not a problem,as u say... The "error" problem is really a challenge for me, what I need is a STEP by STEP guidance to avoid this ERROR, so I need HELP...

regards,

nOoooob

Yeah I wanna know how to do this to. That **** error is on every single one of my installs and nothing seems to fix it.

Targuel please help if you have a step by step that works for this..

Or anyone if you know how to get rid of this inf error please post.

Thanks all

Sorry to those that sent me a PM or wanted me to explain.... been a bit busy on other things....

ZcWorld - if you read the other posts, you'd see why I/we were editing the nlite.inf file ;)

Go to the regedit

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

And delete all.

Thats not much good on a RIS install... thus the reason why I've editing the nlite.inf file on the RIS server image ;) but good to know its sorted in the upcoming version...

So for now, if you aren't using this on a RIS image, then the above is likely fine - whereas if you are using a RIS image and deploying to multiple machines, edit the nlite.inf file in the i386 directory of your RIS build and removing the entries like i mention in my previous post [you may not get all your tweaks but its still preferable to error messages for the users hehe ;)]

Cheers

Nath.

Sorry to those that sent me a PM or wanted me to explain.... been a bit busy on other things....

ZcWorld - if you read the other posts, you'd see why I/we were editing the nlite.inf file ;)

Go to the regedit

And delete all.

Thats not much good on a RIS install... thus the reason why I've editing the nlite.inf file on the RIS server image ;) but good to know its sorted in the upcoming version...

So for now, if you aren't using this on a RIS image, then the above is likely fine - whereas if you are using a RIS image and deploying to multiple machines, edit the nlite.inf file in the i386 directory of your RIS build and removing the entries like i mention in my previous post [you may not get all your tweaks but its still preferable to error messages for the users hehe ;)]

Cheers

Nath.

Thanks again :whistle: I will try... :thumbup

• 1 month later...
Go to the regedit

And delete all.

Next version don't have this issue.

just out of curiosity, what does the command under the runonce key like the "rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection nlite.inf,C" actually do?

can't wait for the next version...thanks.

Edited by HwagPo