Two or three CMD windows jump up after entering desktop when first run

nOoooob

Hi all,

I got a problem when using nLite v1.0.1final

Two or Three Cmd windows jump up and disappear quickly when enter desttop for the FIRST time(after installation XPand first running), :blink: and then they don't appear no matter how u restart ur WINDOWS, does anyone meet this problem? or how to solve it?? is it a PROBLEM??T :angel thanks......

What are these cmd windows doing exactly?

As I get the dreaded "Advanced INF: Access Denied" message when a user logs on as a restricted user, its a bit of a problem.

Even more so as we have 300+ users on multiple machines and i'm trying to get a RIS build done asap :S

I dont remember this ever happening with other nlite versions [if the above error is indeed related to this problem].

Any advice or work arounds would be handy.

I'm using BTS DPs also and using AutoImage to create the build which is all working fine except for this problem.

Regards

Nath

Thank u for ur reply, tarquel:)

These CMDs jump up quickly and disappear, qiuck as a flash...and I am not able to catch the words, but there is nothing wrong with my XP iso, it works well...Someone else told me earlier this day that it's the problem of unattended settings, the "RUNONCE" option(maybe it's the name), well, the key point is that I NEVER use this option, all I do with unattended setting is putting my personal info. in the right place(the "General Option"), So, I guess that these CMDs won't jump if u don't choose the unattended Option... any other advice??

thank u:)

They aren't in my RunOnce entries in the registry of windows... at least, if they are then they are invisible lol

Something else is calling them but my skills aren't so hot compared to other people unfortunately, so I can't find whats causing them.

I haven't seen them before using this version of nlite [and the versions of BTS that I'm using] so I can only guess that its something to do with nlite.

Note sure what exactly, and so long as they don't cause errors no matter who logs in, then they are no big problem.

Two days of confusion makes me tired lol

Nath

I have those 2 cmd prompts come up on my first login also. Then I get that error "Advanced INF: Access Denied" like I always do. I think all of it is the nlite.inf. I have heard a fix for the Advanced INF: Access Denied error but have not gotten it to work. Involves copying the nlite.inf into $$/system32 dir and changing it to ini. Supposedly that fixes that error. I dont know how and so far I cant get it to work.

Does anyone have a fix for that Advanced INF: Access Denied error?

Happy to see ur reply, tarquel:) I made another LiteISO without the setup of "Unattend Option", while this problem still occurred...I don't have any other solutions now... maybe nuhi will give us some useful explanations:) It is not a "problem" anyway...

By the way, Madhits45, maybe there is something wrong with ur usage of nlite, make sure everything u've changed is ok, I haven't got an error as u described...

i'm surprised you have not gotten the inf error (Advanced INF: Access Denied error). A lot of people have gotten it as it comes from the nlite inf on first login. The nlite.inf has some custome settings and reg edits as near as I can figure it. Kinda hard to figure out what each line of it does in mine. I have tried to fix it a few ways and only had it disappear once and that was with more problems occuring. I have had the same items removed from my install for a long time. The only changes I have made were to the manual keep/remove files which have had problems and I had to stop using that recently.

How many people have the advanced inf error on first login?

Has anyone successfully fixed it using nlites options?

Thanks

Ahhh so if we dont use any of the tweaks.... it might solve the problem perhaps?

I assume that this process has been changed from earlier versions, but a .inf file wouldn't be allowed to run on a limited user [with certain exceptions]

I'll try leaving out the tweaks section and see what that does, although I haven't found any references to nlite.inf in Run / RunOnce on HKLM or .default etc...

Cheers

Nath.

I tried it without anything other than the removal of components, and I still got it....

So I looked at the nlite.inf file on the computer, and sure enough at the bottom of the inf file there is two inf files being called.

Does anyone know what the nlite.inf file is actually for?

In a environment like I have, I don't need to alot of those things as we use roaming profiles and it seemed to me that this file is causing it to "mess up" the log on so that the roaming profile doesn't come into effect.... which is not good hehe [or it could be that the machine hasn't recieved the group policies yet after the initial boot.

The .inf files being called are a definate no no at any rate for me, and probably everywhere else that users non-administrator users within a domain.

I'm going to try and install the client again after changing the nlite.inf in the RIS image [or in the case of a disc image, you could change it before creating a iso and burning it].

The two lines I have are as follows:

HKU,".Default\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce","nlpo_07",0x00020000,"rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection nlite.inf,nLiteReg"
HKU,".Default\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce","nlpo_08",0x00020000,"rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection nlite.inf,S"

EDIT: Success!!! I ended up removing all of the last section i.e.:

HKU,".Default\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce","nlpo_01",0x00020000,"rundll32 advpack.dll,DelNodeRunDLL32 ""%10%\eHome"""
HKU,".Default\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce","nlpo_02",0x00020000,"rundll32 advpack.dll,DelNodeRunDLL32 ""%10%\Connection Wizard"""
HKU,".Default\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce","nlpo_03",0x00020000,"rundll32 advpack.dll,DelNodeRunDLL32 ""%11%\Inetsrv"""
HKU,".Default\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce","nlpo_04",0x00020000,"rundll32 advpack.dll,DelNodeRunDLL32 ""%10%\Help\Tours"""
HKU,".Default\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce","nlpo_05",0x00020000,"cmd.exe /c md ""%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp"""
HKU,".Default\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce","nlpo_06",0x00020000,"cmd.exe /C move /Y ""%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetub.dll"" ""%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetup.dll"""
HKU,".Default\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce","nlpo_07",0x00020000,"rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection nlite.inf,nLiteReg"
HKU,".Default\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce","nlpo_08",0x00020000,"rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection nlite.inf,S"

As a result of this I get no Advanced INF errors on any user that hasn't admin rights. I'm not sure of the knock on effect if you use tweeks but everything is pretty much controlled by Group Policies so it isn't a issue.

The only thing i really fail to understand with all this is that if you are not using any of the tweaks [or other sections in nlite] except for removing components, why does this file apply a few tweeks in it?

Confusing stuff indeed.

Nath.

Edited by tarquel

i am getting that cmd box (black bg one) when starting up too. this is my first time using nlite so i just removed the extra lanuages. i was using nLite v1.0.1 Final and i thought it might have been that specific build that was causing the problem so atm im using nLite v1.0 Final. I still get that pop-up upon start-up.

If it helps im not intergrating any updated services pack etc, just removing components